Windows XP Reconfig?

I upgraded to XP approx. 4 mos. ago and love the program. I had an extra
hardrive installed giving me 4 GB of memory with three partitions, but
recently the "C" Drive has been overflooded to the extent that I don't have
any more than 2.6 MB of memory left. (MS Anti-spyware, registry mechanic,
beside the regular maintanance tools seem to temporarily remedy the process.
How do I configure windows to the "ORIGINAL XP SETTING AND PROGRAMS" and
delete all the other nonsense programs and files without using the xp disc
upload?( don't have the XP disc anymore)
3 answers Last reply
More about windows reconfig

    In news:573031CA-1C39-4AF8-ABB5-677C2FDC1329@microsoft.com,
    Don <Don @discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > I upgraded to XP approx. 4 mos. ago and love the program. I had
    > an
    > extra hardrive installed giving me 4 GB of memory with three
    > partitions,

    I assume that you mean 4GB of *disk space*, not memory. That's a
    *tiny* amount these days, and you've effectively made it even
    smaller by having multiple partitions on it.

    > but recently the "C" Drive has been overflooded to the
    > extent that I don't have any more than 2.6 MB of memory left.
    > (MS
    > Anti-spyware, registry mechanic, beside the regular maintanance
    > tools
    > seem to temporarily remedy the process. How do I configure
    > windows to
    > the "ORIGINAL XP SETTING AND PROGRAMS"

    Please explain exactly what you mean by "ORIGINAL XP SETTING AND
    PROGRAMS."

    > and delete all the other
    > nonsense programs

    "Nonsense" is in the eye of the beholder. What you call nonsense
    someone else may call very valuable. Exactly *what* do you want
    to delete?

    In general, you remove most programs in Control Panel |
    Add/Remove Programs.

    > and files without using the xp disc upload?( don't
    > have the XP disc anymore)

    Why not? What happened to it? If you don't have it, you have a
    potentially very serious problem. You may need it for a wide
    variety of things: installing drivers for new hardware, a repair
    installation, using the recovery console, repairing corrupted
    files, even a complete new installation if things get bad enough.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Tell the person who borrowed your XP disc to give it back because you need
    it.

    "Don" <Don @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I upgraded to XP approx. 4 mos. ago and love the program. I had an extra
    > hardrive installed giving me 4 GB of memory with three partitions, but
    > recently the "C" Drive has been overflooded to the extent that I don't
    > have
    > any more than 2.6 MB of memory left. (MS Anti-spyware, registry mechanic,
    > beside the regular maintanance tools seem to temporarily remedy the
    > process.
    > How do I configure windows to the "ORIGINAL XP SETTING AND PROGRAMS" and
    > delete all the other nonsense programs and files without using the xp disc
    > upload?( don't have the XP disc anymore)

    I trust you made a little mistake about the size of your hard disks, since
    computers haven't been sold with disks that small since around 1997.
    Hardware of that era is really not up to the task of running Windows XP.

    To uninstall programs in Windows XP, go to Start - Control Panel - Add or
    Remove Programs.

    To reinstall Windows XP, you'll have to buy an XP installation CD. If your
    computer really isn't as old as 1997, the manufacturer may have included a
    recovery partition with your system. Contact the manufacturer to find out if
    you have one and how to use it.

    Modem Ani

    "Don" <Don @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I upgraded to XP approx. 4 mos. ago and love the program. I had an extra
    > hardrive installed giving me 4 GB of memory with three partitions, but
    > recently the "C" Drive has been overflooded to the extent that I don't
    have
    > any more than 2.6 MB of memory left. (MS Anti-spyware, registry mechanic,
    > beside the regular maintanance tools seem to temporarily remedy the
    process.
    > How do I configure windows to the "ORIGINAL XP SETTING AND PROGRAMS" and
    > delete all the other nonsense programs and files without using the xp disc
    > upload?( don't have the XP disc anymore)

Windows XP Memory