Application Installations

I'm a new XP user still struggling with User accounts. When installing how
do I ensure the new program is available to all users? I just used the Admin
account to install an application but the entry doesn't show up in the Start
Menu for my User Account. Thanks for your help.
4 answers Last reply
More about application installations

    Hi,

    Basically, there is no way of assuring that, as much depends on the
    installation routine used by the software. This page I wrote should help:
    http://rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "jlr" <jlr1234@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm a new XP user still struggling with User accounts. When installing how
    > do I ensure the new program is available to all users? I just used the
    > Admin account to install an application but the entry doesn't show up in
    > the Start Menu for my User Account. Thanks for your help.

    Thanks for the quick response and your website. I will do some reading!

    > Hi,
    >
    > Basically, there is no way of assuring that, as much depends on the
    > installation routine used by the software. This page I wrote should help:
    > http://rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "jlr" <jlr1234@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I'm a new XP user still struggling with User accounts. When installing
    >> how do I ensure the new program is available to all users? I just used
    >> the Admin account to install an application but the entry doesn't show up
    >> in the Start Menu for my User Account. Thanks for your help.

    Rick -
    Under item #1 on this page,
    (http://rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm), at line #3 it says:

    "...that are not meant for use in true user environments."

    shouldn't it say "true multi-user environments" ?

    MGGP

    wrote should help:
    >http://rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm
    >
    >--
    >Best of Luck,
    >
    >Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
    >http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
    >www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    >"jlr" <jlr1234@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I'm a new XP user still struggling with User accounts.
    When installing how
    >> do I ensure the new program is available to all users?
    I just used the
    >> Admin account to install an application but the entry
    doesn't show up in
    >> the Start Menu for my User Account. Thanks for your
    help.

    >.

    It could be reworded that way. Though in the context of the presentation,
    that should be clear enough.

    --

    "MGGP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Rick -
    > Under item #1 on this page,
    > (http://rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm), at line #3 it says:
    >
    > "...that are not meant for use in true user environments."
    >
    > shouldn't it say "true multi-user environments" ?
    >
    > MGGP

Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP