Wireless Madness & Clueless

Any help is very welcome.

Dell Inspiron 9100 w/ Dell wireless wlan 1350 mini-pci card. Brand New

Linksy WRT54G Router - been using for some time with no problems. Desktop
#1 = Hardwire, Desktop # 2 Router internet connection (Comcast)

Router Security is WAP-PSK with TKIP. Now trying to set up Inspiron 9100
for wireless connection. Completed all requirements, 9100 shows a
connection possible with existing Linksy ssid. <click> connect and guess
what? Nothing connects. 10 sec. later the pop-up note tells me that
Network Connections are available. <click> View Network Connections. Pick
my network, <click> connect and yup, same deal. I've checked set up over
and over again, passcode is correct, and there are no other options that I
know of.

Anyone have a clue?

I had a similar problem on my daughter's PC. The software coming with the
wifi card seemed to compete with the windows XP built-in wifi management.
The solution was to disable the non-Windows software (by removing it from
the start menu).

Also, you seem to use a rather advanced safety protocol. Are you 100% sure
that the TrueMobile fully supports it? You could try 1) no encryption 2) WEP
3)... to see where the connection issue begins.

HTH,

--

Daniel CLEMENT

news: -ZadnfQ5hY-P0KfcRVn-tQ@comcast.com...

"Daniel CLEMENT" <no@spam.thanks> wrote in message news:<chf65e$4k3$1@news-reader5.wanadoo.fr>...
> I had a similar problem on my daughter's PC. The software coming with the
> wifi card seemed to compete with the windows XP built-in wifi management.
> The solution was to disable the non-Windows software (by removing it from
> the start menu).
>
> Also, you seem to use a rather advanced safety protocol. Are you 100% sure
> that the TrueMobile fully supports it? You could try 1) no encryption 2) WEP
> 3)... to see where the connection issue begins.
>
> HTH,
>
> --
>
> Daniel CLEMENT
>

> "Mister Breeze" <mistrrbreez@Gocrap.com> a écrit dans le message de
> news: -ZadnfQ5hY-P0KfcRVn-tQ@comcast.com...
> > Any help is very welcome.
> >
> > Dell Inspiron 9100 w/ Dell wireless wlan 1350 mini-pci card. Brand New
> >
> > Linksy WRT54G Router - been using for some time with no problems. Desktop
> > #1 = Hardwire, Desktop # 2 Router internet connection (Comcast)
> >
> > Router Security is WAP-PSK with TKIP. Now trying to set up Inspiron
> 9100
> > for wireless connection. Completed all requirements, 9100 shows a
> > connection possible with existing Linksy ssid. <click> connect and
> guess
> > what? Nothing connects. 10 sec. later the pop-up note tells me that
> > Network Connections are available. <click> View Network Connections.
> Pick
> > my network, <click> connect and yup, same deal. I've checked set up over
> > and over again, passcode is correct, and there are no other options that I
> > know of.
> >
> > Anyone have a clue?

The wireless XP software and the software from the wifi adapter, both
are good but tthe wifi adapter software is easier to use and set up,
just make sure you select the one of the 2. I found the XP software
assumes you know what you are doing. Tmake the procidure worst, all
vendors use different lingo. If you remove the vendor software, make
sure you reinstall the wifi adapter drivers again, some software
removes parts of the driver.