1 user only...any way to simplify things?

I am setting my dad's computer up with XP Home and he lives alone. Is there
any way of simplifying where things go...'allusers', etc.? So there is only
one setting, for documents, startmenu, everything (like 98 had). When things
are installed, I want them to go automatically onto his start menu.

Don't set up any users. Just let the system set him up as the only user
during the installation.

"4kaz" <4kaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am setting my dad's computer up with XP Home and he lives alone. Is
>there
> any way of simplifying where things go...'allusers', etc.? So there is
> only
> one setting, for documents, startmenu, everything (like 98 had). When
> things
> are installed, I want them to go automatically onto his start menu.

Yes Colin, but, there still will be an Administrator, Default, Allusers and
<whatever his profile will be called> as a minimum under D&S - if .NET gets
installed, and ASPNET user is installed.
For the OP, software installations when done, you'll need to make sure the
folder and shortcuts make it to either your father's profile or allusers
profile, either way, they'll show up on his start menu.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"