Sign in with
Your question

AMD CyberFusion 2009 broke NVision 2008 world record

Last response: in Video Games
April 13, 2009 12:32:41 PM

CYBERJAYA: It took more than 1,500 cans of energy drink but Malaysia is now in the Guinness Book of World Records. This is thanks to 274 people who played video games for 40 hours non-stop at Cyberfusion 2009 yesterday.

Organizers Cyberview and Advanced Micro Devices added two more hours to the original 38, and the players agreed to it, despite feeling sleepy.

So it was that the previous record of 36 hours by 203 gamers, set in California last year, was broken.

Guinness World Records adjudication executive Talal Omar said to achieve the longest local area network (LAN) party, it would take strong determination from the players.
He said almost every player brought along a "good-luck charm", such as figurines and dolls, and pillows to drive them to complete their "mission".

"Hopefully, Malaysia's achievement can be listed in the Guinness Book next year since we can only have 4,000 records in the book," he said, adding that Guinness received some 1,000 applications for records every week.

When the new world record was announced yesterday, all those in the Multimedia University grand hall stood up and did a Mexican wave, shouting jubilantly.

The oldest player was Mohd Irman Mohd Nawawi, 36, who said he had a great time playing for 40 hours with the youngsters.

"At first, I was intimidated by the younger players, but I learnt a lot from them and they learnt some things from me, too. Being here is like attending a geek Woodstock and I had a fun time.

"Still, after 40 hours without sleep and shower, I have to attend to these basic needs fast," he said with a laugh.

Another player, Elaine Tan, 18, said she also could not wait to hit the shower.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Monday/National/...
April 13, 2009 7:45:13 PM

god i would fit in so perfect there. woot.
April 14, 2009 6:35:38 AM

wow i could never do this... maybe if a cash price is involved :D 

still i dont want to sacrifice my hours of sleep :D 
!