number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
am wondering if anyone thought that the game was a bit over hyped, I have patched mine to 1.01 and fixed some problems, but it is still lame, some time I can run along the wall right off the end of the building, and jumping is a problem, go through the object trying to land on it, you would think that you would get a hand hold

Marcus Yam

Splendid
Jul 1, 2008
Mirror's Edge for me was one of my favorites for 2008, but I have to admit that the controls at times aren't as tight as you'd like it to be. I think part of it is that the first person view makes lining up the character a little more difficult than if you could see Faith all the time. It's just something that I've gotten used to. It's not a game for everyone though.

bpogdowz

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
I'm still waiting to play it bought it a while back and decided I wanted to upgrade my rig wasn't pulling enough frames to my liking. It will probably turn out to be crap because not too many people play it but I like to play all the games just for my own information and to shut marketing up.

Amg

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
it is a good game those that say it it is not is the simple fact they haven't gave it a chance I played it on 360 and PC but I m alot better on PC with just keybaord and mouse...one thing I hate about it is that you need a Nvida card to play it in full glory

Andhrimnir

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
^ you need an Nvidia card to play anything in full glory

/fanboy

anyways, it's a great game. It's like Fallout 3 though: don't confuse it with a FPS game. It's not super tight, but it's not really supposed to be.

I thought it was great. not perfect, but it's the first of it's type, so I didn't expect perfect. The game itself was easy for me - even on hard... but that's not what's important. The story, the setting, and the feeling of actually running and jumping is what's important.

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador

Gotta hate closed source PhysX... why can't they make standards?

A few years from now, Physx will be obsolete and people will be crying...

Just like what happened to the dedicated PhysX card.

Andhrimnir

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
^ not to start an arguement, but the dedicated PhysX card became obsolete because of Ageia getting bought out by Nvidia. So unless ATI buys out Nvidia, or visa versa, they won't ever standardize the tech. Can you imagine the outcry from ATI fans if they announced that they were ditching Crossfire and adopting SLI? The whole fun of having competition is being able to argue about who has the better multi-card solution <grin>.