camedia nad widows problem

Hi I am new to this site. I am having trouble downloading my pictures to
the computer. I spoke with Olympus and they seem to think it is a
problem with Windows. I have the program CAMEDIA installed but I am
unable to access it.
Therefore I cannot download any pictures. Any ideas will be welcome.

Thank you
Janna

--
JANNA HOWE
1 answer Last reply

    On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 18:08:58 +0000, JANNA HOWE wrote:

    > Hi I am new to this site. I am having trouble downloading my pictures to
    > the computer. I spoke with Olympus and they seem to think it is a
    > problem with Windows. I have the program CAMEDIA installed but I am
    > unable to access it.
    > Therefore I cannot download any pictures. Any ideas will be welcome.
    >
    > Thank you
    > Janna

    Janna, I've used digital Olympus cameras for some time now. I don't use the
    Camedia software. Instead I take the disk out of the camera and stick it in
    a card reader. From there, I can drag/drop pictures onto the hard drive and
    work with them in the graphics program of my choice. Pictures can be
    deleted while viewing the disk in Explorer as well. I use the control menu
    on the camera to format a disk and to set preferences for quality and file
    types.

    I did try the Camedia route early on. When downloading directly from the
    camera, strongly suggest using an external power source. A suitable adaptor
    can be purchased from Olympus or at most camera stores. If not enough juice
    in the batteries, the camera will not be responsive.

    There should also be mention in your manual about how to set the camera
    before connecting and at what point to connect it should be connected to
    the computer.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User