camedia nad widows problem

Hi I am new to this site. I am having trouble downloading my pictures to
the computer. I spoke with Olympus and they seem to think it is a
problem with Windows. I have the program CAMEDIA installed but I am
unable to access it.
Therefore I cannot download any pictures. Any ideas will be welcome.

Thank you
Janna

--
JANNA HOWE

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 18:08:58 +0000, JANNA HOWE wrote:

> Hi I am new to this site. I am having trouble downloading my pictures to
> the computer. I spoke with Olympus and they seem to think it is a
> problem with Windows. I have the program CAMEDIA installed but I am
> unable to access it.
> Therefore I cannot download any pictures. Any ideas will be welcome.
>
> Thank you
> Janna

Janna, I've used digital Olympus cameras for some time now. I don't use the
Camedia software. Instead I take the disk out of the camera and stick it in
a card reader. From there, I can drag/drop pictures onto the hard drive and
work with them in the graphics program of my choice. Pictures can be
deleted while viewing the disk in Explorer as well. I use the control menu
on the camera to format a disk and to set preferences for quality and file
types.

I did try the Camedia route early on. When downloading directly from the
camera, strongly suggest using an external power source. A suitable adaptor
can be purchased from Olympus or at most camera stores. If not enough juice
in the batteries, the camera will not be responsive.

There should also be mention in your manual about how to set the camera
before connecting and at what point to connect it should be connected to
the computer.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User