Sign in with
Your question

Obama pledges to fight piracy; pirates vow revenge

Last response: in Video Games
April 14, 2009 1:16:28 AM

all the pirates of the world need to unite. If this keeps going the piratesbay will be closed and everything as we know it will be gone. All gone as Kyle Reese once said.

I mean isnt the pirates bay located on some little island away formr egulations? This war might mean Obama will try invading it no?
April 14, 2009 1:48:18 AM

Do you even know the difference between actual piracy and software piracy?
April 14, 2009 1:51:31 AM

Pershing121 said:
all the pirates of the world need to unite. If this keeps going the piratesbay will be closed and everything as we know it will be gone. All gone as Kyle Reese once said.

I mean isnt the pirates bay located on some little island away formr egulations? This war might mean Obama will try invading it no?

April 14, 2009 1:54:30 AM

yes I do and if you noticed this post was satire the reason I am writing it so seirously because you people think software pirates are so evil and if I remember right you even wished death to some of us that for you there is no difference.
April 14, 2009 2:16:27 AM

Well, if it's any consolation, if Obama wanted to invade the Pirate's Bay I'd support him.
April 14, 2009 2:17:35 AM

what if he declared war on software pirates as well and put them all in one group and later one prison (ala guatamale bay)? Would us till support him?
April 14, 2009 2:19:02 AM

Exit you have been hereby Schooled..

Satire at its BEST!!

Pershing121 +2000

You go Girl!! Tell Exit like it is!!
April 14, 2009 2:21:02 AM

My Bad...

I just thought from your comments that you were a Girl.. My bad.
April 14, 2009 2:21:28 AM

As long as they had a fair trial, and were convicted - then, yes, I would support that.
April 14, 2009 2:26:23 AM

Exit you just need to get with the times. It is a fact of life and is well supported in many many countries. Some even have a semi legal infrastructure for paid piracy.
April 14, 2009 2:29:33 AM

You're absolutely right, Chess. Plus, I forgot that if it's on the internet then it must be legal.
April 14, 2009 2:37:01 AM

Hey what you pull off the tubes is what you pull off.
April 14, 2009 3:48:53 AM

exit, would you support them all being put in a large room and forced to watch the braidy bunch reruns over and over and over again?
April 14, 2009 3:51:36 AM

I think it is possible if Bush was still in power they lumped both sea pirates and software pirates together. I mean the bush administration and patriot act treated all arabs or muslims the same and put them in secret prisons as well as searched them in airports rigorously regarding where they were from as long as they were muslim.
April 14, 2009 8:52:51 AM

What a ridiculous thread.
April 14, 2009 8:54:41 PM

Pershing121 said:
yes I do and if you noticed this post was satire the reason I am writing it so seirously because you people think software pirates are so evil and if I remember right you even wished death to some of us that for you there is no difference.

It's difficult to notice anything when you fail to use any punctuation and are unable to properly spell half of the words you are typing. It was a clever idea; it was just poorly executed.

Your flight through life is sustained by the power of your knowledge, and you are losing altitude rather quickly. Pull up.
April 20, 2009 8:58:17 PM

Pirates are really ruling the world right now... pirates in the ocean, and then pirates on the net!
April 21, 2009 3:01:29 PM

pr2thej said:

You have the coolest avatar ^^

my stance on piracy is that they need to shoot them on site, set an example and let them know they can't just keep hijacking ships.

my stance on software and music/movie piracy.. ultimately if everybody pirated, there would be no reason for people to bring out new content. But if I buy something used, isn't that the same as if I pirated it, since no money is going to the people that made whatever is being pirated?

Xmen origins... I'm going to be there next thursday at midnight paying to see it, not dl'ing some crappy copy off the internet.

April 22, 2009 1:22:20 PM

pr2thej said:
+1
April 23, 2009 12:59:57 AM

Pershing121, please use some common sense when you post. Bush was elected, he may have done some things in a non-perfect way, but there are checks and regulations a majority of our representatives, that we elect have to agree. As long as you live in the United States, enjoy your freedom and don't complain who is leading us. If your not fighting for your own rights, shut up and have some decency. And out of curiosity.. how do you know he used secret prisons.. if they were secret?
April 23, 2009 1:03:18 AM

This really isn't the place to discuss politics.
May 1, 2009 5:44:15 PM

I'm sure it has something to do with software devs, muscians, movie producers etc losing millions? Yes? No?
!