another WAP server?

For the last few weeks, I have been using the WAP server at 194.204.012.042
for free service on my VX4400, but of late the quality of service through
it has been really bad. It *occasionally* brings up a page properly, and
when it does, it's usually pretty fast. But by far most often, it says
"Receiving" for over a minute, then gives me either "Server not responding"
or "Document contains invalid data". All I ever do with it is Yahoo mail,
so I know the page does not contain invalid data, at least as it is sent
from Yahoo.

Does anybody know of another WAP server for free use?

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"[W]omen love to sit around in the gloom with reeking, sputtering
candles, and don't ask ME why." - Dave Barry

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

if you have an always on connection run your own server, its always up and
fast (unless you give it out to people!). get the software at www.nowwap.com

"David S" <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote in message
> For the last few weeks, I have been using the WAP server at
194.204.012.042
> for free service on my VX4400, but of late the quality of service through
> it has been really bad. It *occasionally* brings up a page properly, and
> when it does, it's usually pretty fast. But by far most often, it says
> "Receiving" for over a minute, then gives me either "Server not
responding"
> or "Document contains invalid data". All I ever do with it is Yahoo mail,
> so I know the page does not contain invalid data, at least as it is sent
> from Yahoo.
>
> Does anybody know of another WAP server for free use?
>
> --
> David Streeter, "an internet god" -- Dave Barry
> http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
> Remove the naughty bit from my address to reply
> Expect a train on ANY track at ANY time.
> "[W]omen love to sit around in the gloom with reeking, sputtering
> candles, and don't ask ME why." - Dave Barry

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:54:06 GMT, "Brian" <no@spam.com> chose to add this
to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

>"David S" <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote in message
>> For the last few weeks, I have been using the WAP server at
>194.204.012.042
>> for free service on my VX4400, but of late the quality of service through
>> it has been really bad. It *occasionally* brings up a page properly, and
>> when it does, it's usually pretty fast. But by far most often, it says
>> "Receiving" for over a minute, then gives me either "Server not
>responding"
>> or "Document contains invalid data". All I ever do with it is Yahoo mail,
>> so I know the page does not contain invalid data, at least as it is sent
>> from Yahoo.
>>
>> Does anybody know of another WAP server for free use?

I don't have an always-on. Can I run it from behind a firewall that I have
no control of?

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
Question: Bill, put these words in order to form the name of one of the
galaxy's sexiest men: A- Tiberius, B- Captain, C- James, D- Kirk
Answer given: Captain Tiberius James Kirk
- when William Shatner was the last remaining player on 'Who wants to be a
Millionaire?'

wait till you see how much it costs after the 30 day trial..

brian s.