875p series.. which brand shall i get?

Horze

Distinguished
May 13, 2003
im buying a new computer this week im lookin at the nice 875p's
ASUS P4c800 deluxe, ABIT IC7-G , MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R , Gigabyte 8KNXP Ultra
at this point it looks like the asus c800 or the MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R
i orignally was defentily gettin the asus c800 then i saw a MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R review and now im so confused as they both offer the same things on the board and the review said it was a better motherboard but i guess my stubborness loves "asus".. the gigabyte i heard wasnt too good, was good but not as good as the asus and the abit i heard was not good performance + no ata raid
im planning to use ata raid and using a 2.4 HT plzzzz help me decide!! + if u have ne guids /reviews of ne of these booards espically the MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R and c4800 against each other
thankyou!

Prof133

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2003
I don't know which one is the front runner but <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=541047#541047" target="_new">here</A> are some reviews.

shadus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2003
Honestly IMHO, the abit is probally the best bet if you are doing overclocking, if not I'd probally go with the asus or intel versions of the board. Shrug.

Shadus

okietex

Distinguished
May 1, 2003
You might just check these boards as well... go into these pages a little deeper and you will see some good threads on this subject.

Personally, I was heading down the MSI route as you seem to be. It still looks nice to me too ... I had 3 boards - the MSI, ASUS and the ABIT as my "main" choices. I opted for the ABIT in the end ... and HAPPILY just received it today! From what others have posted and what I had read, the ABIT seemed like a good choice - there were problems with the MSI that someone mentioned and then the ASUS had issues as well ... and so did the ABIT but some of that was fixed and then re-introduced some other but will probably be fixed as well.

Actually, the ABIT was my 1st choice before knowing anything ... then, the MSI ... then the ASUS .. and then came around to the ABIT again. So, not that this helps any -- search through these boards and you will find some really good input.

Horze

Distinguished
May 13, 2003
hmm ur right tho

i should look at the problems as.. it is a very new type of motherboard so i should look at the problems they have

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Do you need gigabit lan? The base IC7 cost only $145, and you could add your own $25 IDE RAID card (it already has SATA RAID) and your own $20 LAN card...

It also has a nice backpanel layout, I like all those analog and digital outputs...

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>