unable to install updates

Received the following 'error' message:

"Updates were unable to be successfully installed.
The following updates were not installed:
VIA Technologies Inc. - Networking - VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter"

How do I find out what the problem is?
2 answers Last reply
More about unable install updates

    You must run a VIA chipset on youre board,if not,then dont worry about it,
    theyre for via only,if you do,try via web site,with intel,one needs to run
    the
    chipset installation utility before the others,via may have similiar
    download.

    "tulagis" wrote:

    > Received the following 'error' message:
    >
    > "Updates were unable to be successfully installed.
    > The following updates were not installed:
    > VIA Technologies Inc. - Networking - VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter"
    >
    > How do I find out what the problem is?

    In the future get drivers directly from the manufacturers web site and not
    from Microsoft.

    If the driver comes up as a Critical Update, there is normally a good reason
    and you should consider getting the driver at that time from the
    manufacturer.
    If the driver is not critical and everything is working fine, do not install
    the newer driver

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "tulagis" <tulagis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Received the following 'error' message:
    >
    > "Updates were unable to be successfully installed.
    > The following updates were not installed:
    > VIA Technologies Inc. - Networking - VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter"
    >
    > How do I find out what the problem is?

Microsoft Error Message Windows XP