  • Microsoft
  • Error Message
  • Windows XP
March 10, 2005 2:53:06 AM

Received the following 'error' message:

"Updates were unable to be successfully installed.
The following updates were not installed:
VIA Technologies Inc. - Networking - VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter"

How do I find out what the problem is?

More about : unable install updates

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 3:29:01 AM

You must run a VIA chipset on youre board,if not,then dont worry about it,
theyre for via only,if you do,try via web site,with intel,one needs to run
the
chipset installation utility before the others,via may have similiar
download.

"tulagis" wrote:

> Received the following 'error' message:
>
> "Updates were unable to be successfully installed.
> The following updates were not installed:
> VIA Technologies Inc. - Networking - VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter"
>
> How do I find out what the problem is?
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 4:46:12 AM

In the future get drivers directly from the manufacturers web site and not
from Microsoft.

If the driver comes up as a Critical Update, there is normally a good reason
and you should consider getting the driver at that time from the
manufacturer.
If the driver is not critical and everything is working fine, do not install
the newer driver

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/