JLS

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2004

I recently purchased a new computer with Windows XP as the
OS. I had been using a computer running Windows ME on
which I had a fairly large Favorites file. When I
purchased the new XP computer I also bought a Sandisk
512MB flash drive which I used to transfer my two address
books from the old to the new computer. It was relatively
easy, as the address books have an export/import
function. But, I'm at a loss when it comes to
transferring the favorites.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

jls

You export and import the Favorites in exactly the same way.

Modem Ani

"jls" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently purchased a new computer with Windows XP as the
> OS. I had been using a computer running Windows ME on
> which I had a fairly large Favorites file. When I
> purchased the new XP computer I also bought a Sandisk
> 512MB flash drive which I used to transfer my two address
> books from the old to the new computer. It was relatively
> easy, as the address books have an export/import
> function. But, I'm at a loss when it comes to
> transferring the favorites.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!!!
>
> jls

"jls" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently purchased a new computer with Windows XP as the
> OS. I had been using a computer running Windows ME on
> which I had a fairly large Favorites file. When I
> purchased the new XP computer I also bought a Sandisk
> 512MB flash drive which I used to transfer my two address
> books from the old to the new computer. It was relatively
> easy, as the address books have an export/import
> function. But, I'm at a loss when it comes to
> transferring the favorites.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!!!
>
> jls

Just copy the favourites folder to the flash drive then copy it to your new
computer.
Tricia

Here is what you want to copy, go to
c:\documents and settings\YOUR_USER_NAME\favorites

Copy this favorites folder over to your new PC in the same location.

Good Luck