Monitor Blinks

My monitor blinks out and comes back with 8 bit color and wanting me to log
on. This only happens when I'm brousing the internet and I'm already logged
onto the internet. I can close the connection that popped up and the monitor
will blink out again and come back to the true color I had.
5 answers Last reply
More about monitor blinks

    How about a little more information, like the computer, version of Windows
    XP, video card, when this problem started?

    "slimman55" <slimman55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My monitor blinks out and comes back with 8 bit color and wanting me to
    > log
    > on. This only happens when I'm brousing the internet and I'm already
    > logged
    > onto the internet. I can close the connection that popped up and the
    > monitor
    > will blink out again and come back to the true color I had.

    I'm sorry, I'm running windows xp but I don't know what type of video card
    but, I have a dell 8600 model computer.

    "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

    > How about a little more information, like the computer, version of Windows
    > XP, video card, when this problem started?

    > "slimman55" <slimman55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My monitor blinks out and comes back with 8 bit color and wanting me to
    > > log
    > > on. This only happens when I'm brousing the internet and I'm already
    > > logged
    > > onto the internet. I can close the connection that popped up and the
    > > monitor
    > > will blink out again and come back to the true color I had.

    How about when the problem started? What were you doing? Have you turned
    the monitor off and then on again?

    > I'm sorry, I'm running windows xp but I don't know what type of video card
    > but, I have a dell 8600 model computer.
    >
    > "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
    >
    >> How about a little more information, like the computer, version of
    >> Windows
    >> XP, video card, when this problem started?
    >>
    >> --
    >> "slimman55" <slimman55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > My monitor blinks out and comes back with 8 bit color and wanting me to
    >> > log
    >> > on. This only happens when I'm brousing the internet and I'm already
    >> > logged
    >> > onto the internet. I can close the connection that popped up and the
    >> > monitor
    >> > will blink out again and come back to the true color I had.

    Have you used the Dell online support?
    Here is a link to Dell that tells you how to identify your video card:
    http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kb/en/document?dn=1086435&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19
    Cut and paste into your address field on your browser. Remove any resulting
    blanks. Or navigate to Dell, Support, and put in Inspiron 8600.

    "slimman55" <slimman55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm sorry, I'm running windows xp but I don't know what type of video card
    > but, I have a dell 8600 model computer.
    >
    > "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
    >
    >> How about a little more information, like the computer, version of
    >> Windows
    >> XP, video card, when this problem started?
    >>
    >> --
    >> "slimman55" <slimman55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > My monitor blinks out and comes back with 8 bit color and wanting me to
    >> > log
    >> > on. This only happens when I'm brousing the internet and I'm already
    >> > logged
    >> > onto the internet. I can close the connection that popped up and the
    >> > monitor
    >> > will blink out again and come back to the true color I had.

    You may have a Trojan or Spyware that hijacks your Browser. To check
    use ALL of these free sites. What one misses
    the other gets. http://www.webroot.com/downloads/ Spy Sweeper
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html Spybot
    http://www.freewarearena.com/html/index.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=42
    Bazooka Anti Spyware.

    "slimman55" <slimman55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm sorry, I'm running windows xp but I don't know what type of video card
    > but, I have a dell 8600 model computer.
    >
    > "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
    >
    >> How about a little more information, like the computer, version of
    >> Windows
    >> XP, video card, when this problem started?
    >>
    >> --
    >> "slimman55" <slimman55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > My monitor blinks out and comes back with 8 bit color and wanting me to
    >> > log
    >> > on. This only happens when I'm brousing the internet and I'm already
    >> > logged
    >> > onto the internet. I can close the connection that popped up and the
    >> > monitor
    >> > will blink out again and come back to the true color I had.

Internet Microsoft Monitors Windows XP