Monitor Blinks

a b C Monitor
March 10, 2005 5:59:02 PM

My monitor blinks out and comes back with 8 bit color and wanting me to log
on. This only happens when I'm brousing the internet and I'm already logged
onto the internet. I can close the connection that popped up and the monitor
will blink out again and come back to the true color I had.

More about : monitor blinks

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
March 10, 2005 7:03:13 PM

How about a little more information, like the computer, version of Windows
XP, video card, when this problem started?

"slimman55" <slimman55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My monitor blinks out and comes back with 8 bit color and wanting me to
> log
> on. This only happens when I'm brousing the internet and I'm already
> logged
> onto the internet. I can close the connection that popped up and the
> monitor
> will blink out again and come back to the true color I had.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
March 10, 2005 7:09:01 PM

I'm sorry, I'm running windows xp but I don't know what type of video card
but, I have a dell 8600 model computer.

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> How about a little more information, like the computer, version of Windows
> XP, video card, when this problem started?

> "slimman55" <slimman55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My monitor blinks out and comes back with 8 bit color and wanting me to
> > log
> > on. This only happens when I'm brousing the internet and I'm already
> > logged
> > onto the internet. I can close the connection that popped up and the
> > monitor
> > will blink out again and come back to the true color I had.

a b C Monitor
March 10, 2005 9:47:07 PM

How about when the problem started? What were you doing? Have you turned
the monitor off and then on again?

> I'm sorry, I'm running windows xp but I don't know what type of video card
> but, I have a dell 8600 model computer.
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> How about a little more information, like the computer, version of
>> Windows
>> XP, video card, when this problem started?
>>
>> --
>> "slimman55" <slimman55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My monitor blinks out and comes back with 8 bit color and wanting me to
>> > log
>> > on. This only happens when I'm brousing the internet and I'm already
>> > logged
>> > onto the internet. I can close the connection that popped up and the
>> > monitor
>> > will blink out again and come back to the true color I had.

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
March 10, 2005 9:51:08 PM

Have you used the Dell online support?
Here is a link to Dell that tells you how to identify your video card:
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/supp...
Cut and paste into your address field on your browser. Remove any resulting
blanks. Or navigate to Dell, Support, and put in Inspiron 8600.

"slimman55" <slimman55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm sorry, I'm running windows xp but I don't know what type of video card
> but, I have a dell 8600 model computer.
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> How about a little more information, like the computer, version of
>> Windows
>> XP, video card, when this problem started?
>>
>> --
>> "slimman55" <slimman55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My monitor blinks out and comes back with 8 bit color and wanting me to
>> > log
>> > on. This only happens when I'm brousing the internet and I'm already
>> > logged
>> > onto the internet. I can close the connection that popped up and the
>> > monitor
>> > will blink out again and come back to the true color I had.

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
March 11, 2005 4:39:07 AM

You may have a Trojan or Spyware that hijacks your Browser. To check
use ALL of these free sites. What one misses
the other gets. http://www.webroot.com/downloads/ Spy Sweeper
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html Spybot
http://www.freewarearena.com/html/index.php?name=Downlo...
Bazooka Anti Spyware.