Colin Barnhorst Wrote:
> Did you install the Nokia software?

> "mark.b." mark.b..1lpbpn@pcbanter.net wrote in message
>
> hi i am trying to connect a nokia 5410 to the serial port?when i plug
> in
> the data lead nothing happens.Am i being thick but do i have to
> activate
> the port as i need to download some software to it.help please.
>

> --
> mark.b.-

hi colin,the phone did not come with software i have tried the nokia
site but cant find any apps there? thanks mark

--
mark.b.

There is a pc suite for a 5140 but I cannot find a 5410 anywhere. On the
chance you transposed digits:
http://www.nokiausa.com/support/pcsuite/download/1,7446,5140,00.html

"mark.b." <mark.b..1lq91m@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Colin Barnhorst Wrote:
>> Did you install the Nokia software?
>>
>> --
>> "mark.b." mark.b..1lpbpn@pcbanter.net wrote in message
>>
>> hi i am trying to connect a nokia 5410 to the serial port?when i plug
>> in
>> the data lead nothing happens.Am i being thick but do i have to
>> activate
>> the port as i need to download some software to it.help please.
>>

>> --
>> mark.b.-
>
> hi colin,the phone did not come with software i have tried the nokia
> site but cant find any apps there? thanks mark
>

> --
> mark.b.

To use a "serial" or "parallel" port, some type of driver software along
with application software must to installed for the computer to interface
via the port.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"