DVD 300e writer recognised a CD writer. Why ???? HELP

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b α HP
August 25, 2004 4:11:58 PM

I have a DVD HP writer DVD300e and a Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop with
an integrated DVD reader/CD writer. Everytime I plug the external DVD
writer in the USB port it's recognised as a CD Writer/reader rather as
a DVD writer. Hence everytime I use software like Nero/Alcohol 120 %
and insert a DVD+R disc in the driver it says that it expects a CD-ROM
rather than a DVD. Why is that ? I'm getting really crazie ...
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 26, 2004 8:23:17 AM

fcasola@tiscali.be (Filippo) wrote in message news:<57c59163.0408251111.6c9b4671@posting.google.com>...
> I have a DVD HP writer DVD300e and a Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop with
> an integrated DVD reader/CD writer. Everytime I plug the external DVD
> writer in the USB port it's recognised as a CD Writer/reader rather as
> a DVD writer. Hence everytime I use software like Nero/Alcohol 120 %
> and insert a DVD+R disc in the driver it says that it expects a CD-ROM
> rather than a DVD. Why is that ? I'm getting really crazie ...

Get the latest update for Nero and the infotool...mine did the same thing.
!