my computer is not working properly

March 11, 2005 10:11:06 AM

some one used my comp and when i went to use it the next time it had a new
search bar on my task bar which i cant get rid of i tried to go to add remove
programs but it wont remove that program it consistantly keeps tring to
download pop up programs i just lost my printing capabilities and my comp
wont even add a printer. i went into diagnostic mode and now i cant get
completely back im so lost and fusterated please help me
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 12:49:14 PM

ive tried ad aware already and found alot of problemed items but it could not
remove them like i have in the past, gave a message saying it couldnt remove
the following item which are the ones that are causing the problems

"ralph" wrote:

> some one used my comp and when i went to use it the next time it had a new
> search bar on my task bar which i cant get rid of i tried to go to add remove
> programs but it wont remove that program it consistantly keeps tring to
> download pop up programs i just lost my printing capabilities and my comp
> wont even add a printer. i went into diagnostic mode and now i cant get
> completely back im so lost and fusterated please help me
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 2:55:02 PM

I would strongly recommend you download and install Microsoft's Antispyware
program. More than likely it will be able to remove the toolbar.

"ralph" wrote:

> some one used my comp and when i went to use it the next time it had a new
> search bar on my task bar which i cant get rid of i tried to go to add remove
> programs but it wont remove that program it consistantly keeps tring to
> download pop up programs i just lost my printing capabilities and my comp
> wont even add a printer. i went into diagnostic mode and now i cant get
> completely back im so lost and fusterated please help me
March 11, 2005 4:31:14 PM

Why don't you tell us "exactly" what Ad-Aware found, instead of keeping it a
secret. How do you suppose to get assistance without giving precise and
complete particulars.

What you have told us so far is that you are sick but refuse to tell us -
the doctors - where it hurts!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"ralph9577" <ralph9577@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D F3B318F-D424-4A8A-8F25-35C6636067CA@microsoft.com...
> ive tried ad aware already and found alot of problemed items but it could
> not
> remove them like i have in the past, gave a message saying it couldnt
> remove
> the following item which are the ones that are causing the problems
>
> "ralph" wrote:
>
>> some one used my comp and when i went to use it the next time it had a
>> new
>> search bar on my task bar which i cant get rid of i tried to go to add
>> remove
>> programs but it wont remove that program it consistantly keeps tring to
>> download pop up programs i just lost my printing capabilities and my comp
>> wont even add a printer. i went into diagnostic mode and now i cant get
>> completely back im so lost and fusterated please help me
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 5:03:32 PM

Ralph

Some basic steps to removing Spyware/Adware..

First step is to run a one shot virus remover.. I have found that McAfee
Stinger works for people.. download and run it..

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

You will also need to download Spyware removal software.. Spybot and Adaware
are available at these websites.. both are free.. download and run them..
don't forget to check for updates after you have started them..

.... and this link is for the latest Microsoft helping..

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/softwa...

Spybot has the ability to immunize a system, but there is better for this
function, so download and run Spyware Blaster too.. again, check for
updates..

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/

If you have had your Internet browser hijacked, that is to say, you get
redirected through a search engine NOT of your choosing, you will need
different tools..

HijackThis is a popular and effective tool.. download it from here..

http://www.spychecker.com/download/download_hijackthis....

CWShredder will eliminate CoolWebSearch and variants.. there is a free
download here..

CWShredder.. http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_downloa...

About:blank.. http://lunatic-skydance.de/mr/soft/SpoonWeg.exe

For other tools in the fight against spyware, visit this website and
bookmark it..

http://www.pchell.com

You must also run a firewall and anti-virus program.. here are some links
for you..

http://www.mcafee.com
http://www.symantec.com
http://www.zonealarm.com
http://www.kerio.com
http://www.gate.com
http://www.grisoft.com

Please return to this thread and provide feedback.. it is the only way that
helpers here can determine how effective the advice given has been..

Good luck..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"ralph" <ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> some one used my comp and when i went to use it the next time it had a new
> search bar on my task bar which i cant get rid of i tried to go to add
> remove
> programs but it wont remove that program it consistantly keeps tring to
> download pop up programs i just lost my printing capabilities and my comp
> wont even add a printer. i went into diagnostic mode and now i cant get
> completely back im so lost and fusterated please help me
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 6:26:37 PM

Hi

Please try the following programs to search for any spyware that may be on
your system:

Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip