V60i Questions

I just bought a used V60i (CDMA for Verizon) and would like to ask some
questions about it....

How many different sizes of batteries and battery doors are there? I got
two batteries, SNN5704A and SNN5705B and two battery doors to accomodate the
thicker SNN5705B. Is there yet another (fatter) battery and door available?
(Not that I want it, but it relates to the next question....)

Do the "designer" replacement covers offered by Motorola accomodate the
thicker SNN5705B battery, or just the slim battery?

What is the capacity of the voicenote recorder? Does it share memory with
the voice dialing feature? In other words, if I record a lot of voice dial
commands, does it subtract from the time available on the voicenote
recorder?

Thanks for now... I may have more questions as I use the phone more.

- Earl
(remove both x's from my e-mail address to respond via e-mail)
1 answer Last reply
More about v60i questions

    "E Jones" <earl_jonesx@usax.net> wrote in message news:<WMpBc.3751$Il1.709@fe1.columbus.rr.com>...
    > I just bought a used V60i (CDMA for Verizon) and would like to ask some
    > questions about it....
    >
    > How many different sizes of batteries and battery doors are there? I got
    > two batteries, SNN5704A and SNN5705B and two battery doors to accomodate the
    > thicker SNN5705B. Is there yet another (fatter) battery and door available?
    > (Not that I want it, but it relates to the next question....)
    >
    > Do the "designer" replacement covers offered by Motorola accomodate the
    > thicker SNN5705B battery, or just the slim battery?

    There's three sizes of OEM battery and doors. IIRC there may be a less
    mah capacity slim battery as well.

    The best bang for the buck is the mid sized extended, or two. About
    $20 shipped on ebay and it still fits in the OEM holsters. OEM desk
    top chargers accomodate all size doors and batteries. I had one
    charger that could be adjusted, but overall size of the phone is
    something to consider when used with chargers and holders, especially
    with the super extended.

    Sticking with one size battery and one size door is less complicated,
    although a smaller battery fits inside the larger doors.
    A piece of padding or spacer will hold the smaller size inside an
    oversize door if needed.
    Two mid sized extended allows one to charge while using the other.
    Better, IMO than one super sized.

    Aftermarket batteries often come with their own back door, since they
    use odd sized, often larger battery cells for the same power rating
    and have to make a special size door to fit. Stick with OEM.
    Nextels use the 5705B as standard in many models, fits fine in the
    v60.
    OEM batteries for the v60 have to be one of the best deals going.
    Beats high priced/marked up retail cost batteries.

    Battery: SNN5716      Door: SYN9074
    "This door will hold any battery for your Motorola V.60 including the
    ultra extended 1300mAh."

    For example...
    MOTOROLA V60 V60i OEM BATTERY + DOOR 1300mAh
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35169&item=5705526169&rd=1

    -
    David

Verizon Battery Internet Service Providers