Freqeunt / Constant Disconnects on Wireless Router

I just purchased a Wireless Router D-Link DI-524 AirPlus G 2.4GHz Wireless
Router. And the USB D-Link DWL-G122 AirPlus G 2.4GHz Wireless USB Adapter .
The problem seems to be with the wireless router. I get constant disconnects
from the network but it reconnects within maybe 3 seconds. This "seems" to
happen when I am doing many things at once, like say downloading a file annd
surfing a webpage? So the problem could be that i am transferring too much
data through the network at once. I know there has to be a way to fix that
because my old 11meg router transferred it fine. So does anyone know how I
can fix this problem? Like is there a setting I could change. Thank you so
much to whoever helps me :)
2 answers Last reply
More about freqeunt constant disconnects wireless router

    Sorry i meant the problem seems to be with the Wireless USB and NOT the
    router... as my standard wired connection works fine on my other computer
    with NO disconnects whatsoever. Sorry for the mistake.
    "Chris" <chrisser32@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > I just purchased a Wireless Router D-Link DI-524 AirPlus G 2.4GHz Wireless
    > Router. And the USB D-Link DWL-G122 AirPlus G 2.4GHz Wireless USB Adapter
    ..
    > The problem seems to be with the wireless router. I get constant
    disconnects
    > from the network but it reconnects within maybe 3 seconds. This "seems" to
    > happen when I am doing many things at once, like say downloading a file
    annd
    > surfing a webpage? So the problem could be that i am transferring too much
    > data through the network at once. I know there has to be a way to fix that
    > because my old 11meg router transferred it fine. So does anyone know how I
    > can fix this problem? Like is there a setting I could change. Thank you so
    > much to whoever helps me :)

    Sorry the problem is with my USB wireless and NOT with the actual router
    because my wired connection on my other computer works fine with no
    disconnects. Sorry for the mistake.
    "Chris" <chrisser32@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > I just purchased a Wireless Router D-Link DI-524 AirPlus G 2.4GHz Wireless
    > Router. And the USB D-Link DWL-G122 AirPlus G 2.4GHz Wireless USB Adapter
    ..
    > The problem seems to be with the wireless router. I get constant
    disconnects
    > from the network but it reconnects within maybe 3 seconds. This "seems" to
    > happen when I am doing many things at once, like say downloading a file
    annd
    > surfing a webpage? So the problem could be that i am transferring too much
    > data through the network at once. I know there has to be a way to fix that
    > because my old 11meg router transferred it fine. So does anyone know how I
    > can fix this problem? Like is there a setting I could change. Thank you so
    > much to whoever helps me :)

Wireless Router Wireless D-Link Wireless Networking