Sign in with
Your question
Closed

[HELP!!] FALLOUT 3 PROBLEM!!!

Last response: in Video Games
April 21, 2009 10:30:13 AM

Well what happens is everytime i click new game on fallout 3 and click ok to start the game, it loads then crashes.. why is it doing this?? can someone help me out?? THANKS

More about : fallout problem

April 21, 2009 10:31:30 AM

any error messages, what hardware / os u running?
April 21, 2009 10:34:03 AM

Captainhero said:
any error messages, what hardware / os u running?

it crashes to desktop and it says fallout3.exe has stopped working.. im using vista home premium x32
Related resources
April 21, 2009 12:23:12 PM

Fallout does that. Alot. Just go to their own forums and see for yourself.
April 22, 2009 8:24:01 AM

gamerk316 said:
Fallout does that. Alot. Just go to their own forums and see for yourself.

yeah i have but all they say is "contact you system manufacturer" its their friggen game that is doing it!! i know its because of the games compatibly with my audio card.. I have the on-board Realtek HD 5.1 sound card.. is their a patch for it?
April 23, 2009 2:21:10 AM

You've tried reinstalling the game, updating your drivers, and all that?

Since you think it has something to do with your audio, have you tweaked the audio settings? I think there are some accessible from the game's launcher. Keep us updated.
April 23, 2009 12:26:57 PM

r_manic said:
You've tried reinstalling the game, updating your drivers, and all that?

Since you think it has something to do with your audio, have you tweaked the audio settings? I think there are some accessible from the game's launcher. Keep us updated.

yep done all that stuff.. and i cant tweak the audio settings in fallout 3... it just has detail of sounds.. ive tried all details.. still no luck!!??
April 23, 2009 3:05:14 PM

I STILL (months later) can't get past the "walk to daddy" screen, even using clean formats of both XP32 and Vista64. Hence the lawsuit to get my money back...

Fallout3 is the worst piece of coded garbage i have ever seen, and thats saying a lot.
April 24, 2009 2:21:30 AM

Fallout3 is a terriable, horrific game. You are lucky to have thsi problem. Now you don't need to suffer this crap game for fanboysand girls
April 29, 2009 6:42:19 PM

I just finished it last night. It was alright but give me COD 4 or WAW anyday.
October 15, 2011 3:05:56 AM

VisTaNvIdIa93 said:
Well what happens is everytime i click new game on fallout 3 and click ok to start the game, it loads then crashes.. why is it doing this?? can someone help me out?? THANKS
It ok dude I got a solution my sleeve...

Go into " Documents or MyDocuments/MyGames/Fallout3/FALLOUT.
Scroll down till you see the line "buseThreadedAI=0, if it is =1, change it to =0.
Enter this line below that "iNumHWThreads=2".
Save it, make sure that the text file was edited. Open it up and look for the lines you edited, if they are not there, do it again and try "Save as". Save it to your desktop named FALLOUT, and replace the non-edited one.

It should work now , if it doesn't... that's all I got. Try lowering your video settings.
October 16, 2011 4:39:48 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!