WLAN asymetric

I have a net consisting of a desktop and a notebook, They are
connected to a D-Link DI-514 WLAN-router/AP. The desktop can access
the Notebook but it does not work the other way round. Then I get the
standard message: "No access to Desktop. You may not have the
neccessary rights, ... The net path was not found."
The notebook can go online, the WLAN is WEP protected.
I used the assistent for new connections several times, it did not
help. What could be the reason?

Albert
3 answers Last reply
More about wlan asymetric

    Taking a moment's reflection, Albert Voss mused:

    | I have a net consisting of a desktop and a notebook, They are
    | connected to a D-Link DI-514 WLAN-router/AP. The desktop can access
    | the Notebook but it does not work the other way round. Then I get the
    | standard message: "No access to Desktop. You may not have the
    | neccessary rights, ... The net path was not found."
    | The notebook can go online, the WLAN is WEP protected.
    | I used the assistent for new connections several times, it did not
    | help. What could be the reason?

    As the message suggests ... you probably don't have the necessary
    rights. Right click on the shared folder on the host machine, and select
    Security. See what users have rights to access the folder, and what
    specific rights they have. They should match what you are wanting. Also,
    the machine trying to connect to that share must be authenticated as a user
    fitting those in the Security tab.

    On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 21:44:02 GMT, "mhicaoidh"
    <®êmõvé_mhic_aoidh@hotÑîXmailŠPäM.com> wrote:

    > As the message suggests ... you probably don't have the necessary
    >rights. ...

    No this is not the problem: I already gave free a data partition, the
    CD-ROM and a music folder. The hand symbol can be seen with each of
    them.

    Albert

    Taking a moment's reflection, Albert Voss mused:

    | No this is not the problem: I already gave free a data partition, the
    | CD-ROM and a music folder. The hand symbol can be seen with each of
    | them.

    Just because you have created a shared resource, doesn't necessarily
    mean other computers have the proper rights to use them. Double check your
    Security settings, as I originally recommended.

Desktops Notebooks WLAN Wireless Networking