Connecting Husqvarna Card reader writer problem

My mother just purchased a new computer (1st timer), She wants to connect a
Husquvarna Embroidery Card Reader/Writer. It connects with 25 pin serial
cable so we got her a USB to serial adapter cable and loaded the software
that came with it. Now when we try to read from the card reader we get the
following error.

The top of the window reads "Husqvarna Viking Reader Writer PRO NT"
then in the box it reads "Fault by SEMLPT.SYS"

Please help, I'm not able to help her and she is getting discouraged with
her new fangled sewing machine, since it will not do all the thing she bought
it for.

Does the manufacturer list an email address in the documentation? Did the
usb to serial adaptor come with the Viking?

"Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My mother just purchased a new computer (1st timer), She wants to connect
> Husquvarna Embroidery Card Reader/Writer. It connects with 25 pin serial
> cable so we got her a USB to serial adapter cable and loaded the software
> that came with it. Now when we try to read from the card reader we get the
> following error.
>
> The top of the window reads "Husqvarna Viking Reader Writer PRO NT"
> then in the box it reads "Fault by SEMLPT.SYS"
>
> Please help, I'm not able to help her and she is getting discouraged with
> her new fangled sewing machine, since it will not do all the thing she
> bought
> it for.

I had a client who also tried this. You have to get away from the serial
cable. It does not read correctly through the USB thus the errors OR find a
computer prior to 2001 and it will have a serial connection. Good luck.

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Does the manufacturer list an email address in the documentation? Did the
> usb to serial adaptor come with the Viking?

> "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My mother just purchased a new computer (1st timer), She wants to connect
> > Husquvarna Embroidery Card Reader/Writer. It connects with 25 pin serial
> > cable so we got her a USB to serial adapter cable and loaded the software
> > that came with it. Now when we try to read from the card reader we get the
> > following error.
> >
> > The top of the window reads "Husqvarna Viking Reader Writer PRO NT"
> > then in the box it reads "Fault by SEMLPT.SYS"
> >
> > Please help, I'm not able to help her and she is getting discouraged with
> > her new fangled sewing machine, since it will not do all the thing she
> > bought
> > it for.

evert

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004
evert.meulie.net

> Kevinwrote:
My mother just purchased a new computer (1st timer), She wants to
connect a
> Husquvarna Embroidery Card Reader/Writer. It connects with 25 pin
serial
> cable so we got her a USB to serial adapter cable and loaded the
software
> that came with it. Now when we try to read from the card reader we
get the
> following error.
>
> The top of the window reads "Husqvarna Viking Reader Writer PRO NT"
> then in the box it reads "Fault by SEMLPT.SYS"
>
> Please help, I'm not able to help her and she is getting discouraged
with
> her new fangled sewing machine, since it will not do all the thing
she bought
> it for.Do you already have a solutions ??
I'm having the same problem recently.
The only difference is that I use just a lpt cable with no USB to
serial adaptor.

And as a fact it did work !!!

I recently went through this SEMLPT.SYS error. The problem turned out to be in device manager where the parallel port was configured as LPT3 ( by Windows).
I redefined the port as LPT1, rebooted and it works. The old software is looking for LPT1.

Dave12345

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
I recently went through this SEMLPT.SYS error. The problem turned out to be in device manager where the parallel port was configured as LPT3 ( by Windows).
I redefined the port as LPT1, rebooted and it works. The old software is looking for LPT1.

How do I redefine the port ?
Dave

I am having the same problem, is there a site that trouble shoots this?

sharon2001

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010

I am experiencing this same problem as well. Have followed several different site recommendations but the reader/writer is still not working. Not exactly sure how to redefine the port - should I do it as USB001 as is my HP printer or to a new LPT port?
Please help....I am sooooo frustrated.
Sharon

Clarlyn7

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012

My mother just purchased a new computer (1st timer), She wants to connect a
Husquvarna Embroidery Card Reader/Writer. It connects with 25 pin serial
cable so we got her a USB to serial adapter cable and loaded the software
that came with it. Now when we try to read from the card reader we get the
following error.

The top of the window reads "Husqvarna Viking Reader Writer PRO NT"
then in the box it reads "Fault by SEMLPT.SYS"

Please help, I'm not able to help her and she is getting discouraged with
her new fangled sewing machine, since it will not do all the thing she bought
it for.

Here is what I had to do. once you install the software right click on the reader icon and go to compatibility. it will give you an option to run it at windows xp 32 bit. that is what you want. new computers are 64 bit and not compatible. The problem i am now having is that the computer is not recognizing the writer when i try to put designs on the card. I think i need a newer driver and viking is not providing it anymore. Of course they want us to spend hundreds for the new software. The rose is too old to do that in MHO

TRENDING THREADS