Cricket phones on Verizon

Last response: in Network Providers
June 21, 2004 5:47:11 AM

Can a cricket C343 be used on Verizon?

Jim

More about : cricket phones verizon

Anonymous
June 21, 2004 5:47:12 AM

No, Cricket phones are locked to Cricket's network. I'm not familiar w/the
343, but also most of their phones are 1900 MHz PCS only, so they cannot
access most of Verizon's network anyway.

Bill Radio
http://www.mountainwireless.com

"Brady Palmquist" <brady@newton.pconline.com> wrote in message

> Can a cricket C343 be used on Verizon?
>
> Jim
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 5:47:13 AM

Bill Radio <Wireless@mountainwirelessnospan.com> wrote:
> No, Cricket phones are locked to Cricket's network. I'm not familiar w/the
> 343, but also most of their phones are 1900 MHz PCS only, so they cannot
> access most of Verizon's network anyway.

Verizon sells the C343. Verizon doesn't show it anymore in the list of phones
available in my ZIP code, but go to http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/
and click Phones, then select Cricket as your service provider, and click
Cricket Communications next to the pic of the C343. Then click the Detailed
Description link. It looks like the C343 sold through Cricket is a dual-band
digital-only CDMA 1xRTT phone. Should work just fine on Verizon's network as
long as you don't need analog. And Verizon stores will have firmware updates
for it, since it is a phone also sold by Verizon.

Actually, the C343 description you get if you select either Verizon or
Cricket as the carrier says it has a digital/analog indicator, but neither
carrier's C343 is listed as having analog capability, so I would not assume
you can do analog...

So, the answer to the question

>> Can a cricket C343 be used on Verizon?

should be "Yes, as long as you can figure out how to get Cricket to give
you the Master Subsidy Lock code for the phone."

June 22, 2004 12:32:24 AM

The Motorola C343a has analog. The plain C343 doesnt.

ShackAttack

sjsobol@JustThe.net
!