OE Links Not Opening in New Page.

Here's another one that's puzzling me. In 98se I could click on a link on a
web page while holding down the Shift Key and the link would open in a new
page...very handy when linking from a Google search. Now I find in XP that
if I do that the new page comes up, but, remains totaly blank...no activity
at all. If I click on the link in the ordinary way the page navigates to
the new page as normal. How do I get the function to open links in a new
page?

Rob

Hi Rob,

See if this helps.

You cannot open a new Internet Explorer window or nothing occurs after you
click a link:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

> Hi Rob,
>
> See if this helps.
>
> You cannot open a new Internet Explorer window or nothing occurs after you
> click a link:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org

Great. the "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" typed into the Run box fixed the problem.
Many thanks.

Rob

You're welcome Rob. Thanks for posting back.

--

>> Hi Rob,
>>
>> See if this helps.
>>
>> You cannot open a new Internet Explorer window or nothing occurs after
>> you
>> click a link:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

> Great. the "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" typed into the Run box fixed the problem.
> Many thanks.
>
> Rob

Latest posts