cyberg

Distinguished
May 19, 2003
HELP! I just purchased a Mach4 VIA KT400 Socket A ATX Mainboard, Model No.: KT400ALH and an Athlon +2400 processor. But, nowhere (not in the installation guide or their website) can I find what size power supply is suggested for this mainboard. Is 300W enough? 400W? 450W? Can someone give me some advice on this? I would very VERY much appreciate it. I don't want to underpower it. Also, is this processor going to work on this mainboard? The spec sheet is very VERY vague on just about everything

I would suggest 400W to leave room for expansion, IE; high end graphics, high speed hardrives, cooling fans, you know the things people tend to leave out of the power equation.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

stealth_blade

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2003
powersupplys are like harddrives, buy as much as you can afford, 300 is a bare minimum now, 400-430 is great if you can get it, anything over that is kinda overkill, but if you have the money for it you wont have to worry about power for awhile

and Antec and enermax make the best powersupplies, enermax tend to be cheaper to just buy single powersupplies, while antec provides excellent case/PS comboes

"Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion."
- Gen. (Ret) Norman Schwartzkopf

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If you're buying a new PSU, I'd also recommend at least 400 W.

Enermax makes a nice 435W PSU. This will be plenty to power anything you need now or in the foreseeable future.

"I'm a man armed with a fork in a land of soup."