Windows Messenger

When I sign in to Windows Messenger, I get a message saying that my email
address needs to be verified. But when I try to verify my email address,
windows tells me to check my inbox and reply to the message -- which I never
received and which isn't there. I double checked the email address and it is
correct.

Does anyone know of a way to correct this? If I could get Windows Messenger
to re-send the verification message to my email inbox, I would be able to
solve the problem, but I can't figure out how to do this.

Thanks,

John
2 answers Last reply
More about windows messenger

    It sounds like you are responding to a phishing trip. Do not reply to such
    attempts to get you to provide any information. If you are not running
    antispyware programs, do so. AdAware and Spybot Search & Destroy are two
    often recommended here.

    "John Sone" <JohnSone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I sign in to Windows Messenger, I get a message saying that my email
    > address needs to be verified. But when I try to verify my email address,
    > windows tells me to check my inbox and reply to the message -- which I
    > never
    > received and which isn't there. I double checked the email address and it
    > is
    > correct.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a way to correct this? If I could get Windows
    > Messenger
    > to re-send the verification message to my email inbox, I would be able to
    > solve the problem, but I can't figure out how to do this.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > John

    Maybe the email is in the junk or spam folder of your mail server. Check
    there.

    "John Sone" <JohnSone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I sign in to Windows Messenger, I get a message saying that my email
    > address needs to be verified. But when I try to verify my email address,
    > windows tells me to check my inbox and reply to the message -- which I
    > never
    > received and which isn't there. I double checked the email address and it
    > is
    > correct.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a way to correct this? If I could get Windows
    > Messenger
    > to re-send the verification message to my email inbox, I would be able to
    > solve the problem, but I can't figure out how to do this.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > John

Messenger Email Windows XP