Windows Messenger

March 13, 2005 1:07:02 PM

When I sign in to Windows Messenger, I get a message saying that my email
address needs to be verified. But when I try to verify my email address,
windows tells me to check my inbox and reply to the message -- which I never
received and which isn't there. I double checked the email address and it is
correct.

Does anyone know of a way to correct this? If I could get Windows Messenger
to re-send the verification message to my email inbox, I would be able to
solve the problem, but I can't figure out how to do this.

Thanks,

John

More about : windows messenger

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 2:26:56 PM

It sounds like you are responding to a phishing trip. Do not reply to such
attempts to get you to provide any information. If you are not running
antispyware programs, do so. AdAware and Spybot Search & Destroy are two
often recommended here.

"John Sone" <JohnSone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I sign in to Windows Messenger, I get a message saying that my email
> address needs to be verified. But when I try to verify my email address,
> windows tells me to check my inbox and reply to the message -- which I
> never
> received and which isn't there. I double checked the email address and it
> is
> correct.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to correct this? If I could get Windows
> Messenger
> to re-send the verification message to my email inbox, I would be able to
> solve the problem, but I can't figure out how to do this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 3:22:55 PM

Maybe the email is in the junk or spam folder of your mail server. Check
there.

!