Q9550 and a GTX 295. What games should/shouldn't i play on it.

Ben30392

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Ok. So I realize that it will eat up everything except the Crysis games and Stalker Clear Sky.

Oh and i meant eat up as in max out at 1920X1080 with 4-8X AA on the highest settings with decent frame rates...

But i need some game recommendations.

What are some good games that will do my rig justice?

So far on my list of games to buy/play i have COD 4, COD 5, Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Dead Space, Fallout 3, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Unreal Tournament 3, Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion with heaps of graphics mods, maybe Diablo 3, maybe Starcraft 2.

OK. So obviously i will be playing fps cause it's the genre that the pc games industry is dominated by. I do like fps, but generally only up to a point. I get sick of all the run and gun shooters that are made these days.

I really want some fps games that are cinematic, engaging and actually have a compelling story line. Note: Reading that last line back to myself i had a bit of a chuckle, a game like that really does seem to be to much to ask for these days.

I'm fine with some run and gun shooters, but i think there's enough in the games i listed above.

I would love some great RPG's, you know like Oblivion and Fallout 3. P.S. Can't wait for Elder Scrolls V.

Now the rts genre is a hard one. Cause i really don't know. I used to play rts and loved them back in the days of Red Alert 2 and Age of Empires, but i really don't know whether or not i have enough patience to play rts games anymore. So only top of the line recommendations here, cause i'm gonna need the best of the best to help me get back into the genre.