Outlook Express - Private Information Alert

In attempting to send a fairly innocuous attachment with an email to one of
my clients, the Private Information Alert box popped up, telling me HIGH
RISK and "You are attempting to send private information in an email or a
file attached to an email." I change "Block" to "Permit" but when I click
OK, it doesn't send and the same box pops up with "Block" again. It is
critical that I send this attachment. I realize there must be some sort of
security setting I need to change, but don't know where to find it.

I send attachment all the time, and this is the first time I've had this
problem.

Thanks,
Lois

The alert is *not* coming from Outlook Express, Lois.
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

Inside Outlook Express
http://www.insideoe.com

Lois G. wrote:
> In attempting to send a fairly innocuous attachment with an email to one
> of
> my clients, the Private Information Alert box popped up, telling me HIGH
> RISK and "You are attempting to send private information in an email or a
> file attached to an email." I change "Block" to "Permit" but when I click
> OK, it doesn't send and the same box pops up with "Block" again. It is
> critical that I send this attachment. I realize there must be some sort of
> security setting I need to change, but don't know where to find it.
>
> I send attachment all the time, and this is the first time I've had this
> problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Lois

Do you by any chance have Norton's Internet Security installed?

If you do, you may have to adjust your settings in that program.