thriller

Hi,

I have Windows XP Profesional. In de explorer, it is usually possible to
give a file an author by going to properties => summary. However, somehow
this has been disabled for bmp and ico-files. Does anyone have a clue why
this is, and most importantly, how to enable this?

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 23:01:01 -0800, Thriller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Windows XP Profesional. In de explorer, it is usually possible to
> give a file an author by going to properties => summary. However, somehow
> this has been disabled for bmp and ico-files. Does anyone have a clue why
> this is, and most importantly, how to enable this?

Not all file types allow extra information of this type to be added. Some
limit what kind of information can be stored. .BMP and .ICO files do not
support the author field.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User