CD-RW Compatibility

Anyone know

1) Where I can find an HP CD Writer Plus Model #5187-1945?

2) What HP CD Writer Plus models are compatible with a Pavillion xt953?

TIA

Toby from Oklahoma

Except for the color of the front plastic bezel (either black or white), ANY
BRAND of CD-RW is physically compatible with the Pavilion xt953 chassis.

CD burning SOFTWARE is another thing to consider. If your xt963 came with OEM
CD burning software tied to the specific burner in the computer, or tied to an
HP CD-RW, then you would also need different (and probably better) CD burning
software to use with another drive. Newer CD burners are MUCH faster than the
original in your system... Ben Myers