How do I "Format" a CD-RW in winXP home??

March 15, 2005 12:33:16 PM

How do I "Format" a CD-RW in winXP home??

Thanks
D.

More about : format winxp home

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 12:33:17 PM

Hi,

WinXP's burning engine only will write to and erase a CDRW. Formatting is
done with a third party utility, generally this is only used for packet
writing, CDRW's usually do not need to be (re)formatted. If all you want to
do is wipe data from a CDRW and use it again, click Help & Support in the
Start menu, then search on "erase". It is fairly easy to do.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"DPost" <dpost8@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> How do I "Format" a CD-RW in winXP home??
>
> Thanks
> D.
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 4:09:30 PM

Thank you Nut. Just what I was looking for..
D.