How do I "Format" a CD-RW in winXP home??

How do I "Format" a CD-RW in winXP home??

Thanks
D.
2 answers Last reply
More about format winxp home

    Hi,

    WinXP's burning engine only will write to and erase a CDRW. Formatting is
    done with a third party utility, generally this is only used for packet
    writing, CDRW's usually do not need to be (re)formatted. If all you want to
    do is wipe data from a CDRW and use it again, click Help & Support in the
    Start menu, then search on "erase". It is fairly easy to do.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "DPost" <dpost8@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > How do I "Format" a CD-RW in winXP home??
    >
    > Thanks
    > D.

    Thank you Nut. Just what I was looking for..
    D.

    Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > WinXP's burning engine only will write to and erase a CDRW. Formatting is
    > done with a third party utility, generally this is only used for packet
    > writing, CDRW's usually do not need to be (re)formatted. If all you want to
    > do is wipe data from a CDRW and use it again, click Help & Support in the
    > Start menu, then search on "erase". It is fairly easy to do.

Format Microsoft CD-Rom Windows XP