Corrupted OE mail

March 15, 2005 3:18:51 PM

Hi,
My system has had a hiccup, (crashed two times in a row) and afterward my
e-mail messages disappeared. Now, in the folder in which they are stored all
are labeled "*.dbx" and OE refuses to load them. All it recognizes is a few
messages in the Inbox.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Allen

More about : corrupted mail

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 7:42:47 PM

"Allen" <allag27@nop.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> My system has had a hiccup, (crashed two times in a row) and afterward my
> e-mail messages disappeared. Now, in the folder in which they are stored
> all
> are labeled "*.dbx" and OE refuses to load them. All it recognizes is a
> few
> messages in the Inbox.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Allen

In OE got to Tools | Options | Maintenance | Store Folder and see where OE
is currently storing its data files.
Now, go to Start | Find (or Search) and look for *.dbx (with Win2K, WinXP
and Win2K3 you will have to set the search to include hidden files and
folders).
If they are found in a different place go back to OE and use
File | Import | Messages.
Select Outlook Express 5 (or 6, they are the same for this purpose).
Select the lower radio button to import from an Outlook Express store
directory and navigate to the location that OE is not using.

Also, see this article:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgo...

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Allen,

Try this recovery solution:

http://www.oemailrecovery.com/inbox-repair.html

--
Jabez Gan
Give me a chance, Let me help you!

"Allen" <allag27@nop.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> My system has had a hiccup, (crashed two times in a row) and afterward my
> e-mail messages disappeared. Now, in the folder in which they are stored
> all are labeled "*.dbx" and OE refuses to load them. All it recognizes is
> a few messages in the Inbox.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Allen

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 1:48:06 AM

Allen wrote:
> Hi,
> My system has had a hiccup, (crashed two times in a row) and
> afterward my e-mail messages disappeared. Now, in the folder in which
> they are stored all are labeled "*.dbx" and OE refuses to load them.
> All it recognizes is a few messages in the Inbox.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Allen

Outlook Express folders all have the suffix .dbx, this is how the mail
is stored.
See the following link for help.
http://www.insideoe.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone

--