Corrupted OE mail

Hi,
My system has had a hiccup, (crashed two times in a row) and afterward my
e-mail messages disappeared. Now, in the folder in which they are stored all
are labeled "*.dbx" and OE refuses to load them. All it recognizes is a few
messages in the Inbox.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Allen
3 answers Last reply
More about corrupted mail

    "Allen" <allag27@nop.net> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > My system has had a hiccup, (crashed two times in a row) and afterward my
    > e-mail messages disappeared. Now, in the folder in which they are stored
    > all
    > are labeled "*.dbx" and OE refuses to load them. All it recognizes is a
    > few
    > messages in the Inbox.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    >
    > Allen

    In OE got to Tools | Options | Maintenance | Store Folder and see where OE
    is currently storing its data files.
    Now, go to Start | Find (or Search) and look for *.dbx (with Win2K, WinXP
    and Win2K3 you will have to set the search to include hidden files and
    folders).
    If they are found in a different place go back to OE and use
    File | Import | Messages.
    Select Outlook Express 5 (or 6, they are the same for this purpose).
    Select the lower radio button to import from an Outlook Express store
    directory and navigate to the location that OE is not using.

    Also, see this article:
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Allen,

    Try this recovery solution:

    http://www.oemailrecovery.com/inbox-repair.html

    --
    Jabez Gan
    Give me a chance, Let me help you!

    Allen wrote:
    > Hi,
    > My system has had a hiccup, (crashed two times in a row) and
    > afterward my e-mail messages disappeared. Now, in the folder in which
    > they are stored all are labeled "*.dbx" and OE refuses to load them.
    > All it recognizes is a few messages in the Inbox.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    >
    > Allen

    Outlook Express folders all have the suffix .dbx, this is how the mail
    is stored.
    See the following link for help.
    http://www.insideoe.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone

    --