Sign in with
Your question

Xbox 360 or PS3 for PC LCD Monitor? (Samsung T260)

Last response: in Video Games
April 30, 2009 10:21:37 PM

I have to decide which one to buy for tomorrow: Xbox 360 or PS3. I did a research that the problem with both of them is that they only support 16:9 aspect ratio. My monitor only has 16:10 aspect ratio, so the graphic will be stretched.

I have heard a rumor from last year that Xbox 360 will support 16:10, but has it happened already right now? I still haven't heard anything about PS3 supporting for 16:10.

If the quality is unimpressive for xbox 360 and PS3, then I better not going to buy one. I would expect to see at least a HD quality picture with smooth frame rate.

Note: I am not going to buy a new computer, monitor or HDTV.
May 1, 2009 4:32:53 AM

Quote:
I have to decide which one to buy for tomorrow: Xbox 360 or PS3. I did a research that the problem with both of them is that they only support 16:9 aspect ratio. My monitor only has 16:10 aspect ratio, so the graphic will be stretched.

I have a PS3 running on my 28" Viewsonic. For a while I was switching my monitor to display in 16:9 aspect ratio whenever I played PS3. After a while I got lazy and just left it stretched to 16:10. Now, I actually prefer to use 16:10 ratio and find that if I go back to 16:9 to watch a movie then all the characters look a little short and squat - like they've all been put through a Super Mario Bros filter or something...

Anyhow, my point is: aspect ratio compensation is not at all important when choosing which console to buy.

More information would be needed to correctly answer this question such as:
* Do you want to watch movies on your screen or is it just for gaming?
* Which games do you like?
* Do you have a wireless network?
* Do your friends own a particular brand of console?
* And finally - do you want a loud, hot, ugly, prone-to-failing, overpriced console humming away on your desk, or do you want to pay a few hundred dollars more for crappy frame-rates, inferior cross platform titles and over-hyped, unfulfilled promises?

Quote:
If the quality is unimpressive for xbox 360 and PS3, then I better not going to buy one. I would expect to see at least a HD quality picture with smooth frame rate.

Certainly, PC gaming fidelity has always been far superior to console gaming fidelity and that trend is not going to change this generation. With either console, you are looking at 30FPS @ 720P (for the most part).
May 4, 2009 12:59:17 PM

I'm running on a T240 with my PS3. The stretch is minor to say the least, and hasn't been a major concern. Looks great running at 1080p for a change too!
!