Installing drivers for motherboard GA-P55A-UD4

andreas35

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
Hi,

I am going to install Windows 7 on a new computer and wants to get everyting as correct as possible to achieve the maximum performance and stability for the platform.

Therfore I wonder what is the optimal way to handle the installation of chipset and other drivers for the motherboard. Should I let Windows 7 configure the drivers automatically (if it can) or should I use the drivers that came on the utility CD or that is provided on the web site? What I have found is that the drivers on the CD does not completely match the drivers provided on the download page found here: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3239#dl.

So to conclude, I am a little confused about what is the optimal way to proceed with this? Also, is it best to install all the updates for Windows 7 before proceeding with chipset and driver installation?

Best regards,
Andreas

andreas35

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
There is something that is called "Browser Configuration Utility" on the driver section on the CD explained by: "This utility optimizes the internet browser search experience based on your country and language"

What is this? In my ears it does not sound as a mobo driver.