Error Deleting File or Folder

March 16, 2005 2:29:39 PM

I tried to delete a folder which I no longer need.
But I am getting following error:

"Cannot delete Melancholytron presets: Access is denied.

Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and
that the file is not currently in use."

None of the files or subfolders are being used. I have no idea what
Melancholytron is. Please advise me. TIA. Satoshi
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 9:43:42 PM

Hi

Please see if the following helps:

"How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I tried to delete a folder which I no longer need.
> But I am getting following error:
>

> "Cannot delete Melancholytron presets: Access is denied.
>
> Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and
> that the file is not currently in use."
>
> None of the files or subfolders are being used. I have no idea what
> Melancholytron is. Please advise me. TIA. Satoshi
March 16, 2005 9:43:43 PM

Ignore this thread. By a chance, I solved the problem. It appears that the
problem has to do with long file/folder names. When I changed the folder
names into 5 letters, it deleted nicely. I did not know that long file
names interfere with deletion even under windup Pro. Thanks. Satoshi

!