Error Deleting File or Folder

I tried to delete a folder which I no longer need.
But I am getting following error:

"Cannot delete Melancholytron presets: Access is denied.

Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and
that the file is not currently in use."

None of the files or subfolders are being used. I have no idea what
Melancholytron is. Please advise me. TIA. Satoshi
Reply to Craig
2 answers Last reply
More about error deleting file folder

    Hi

    Please see if the following helps:

    "How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I tried to delete a folder which I no longer need.
    > But I am getting following error:
    >

    > "Cannot delete Melancholytron presets: Access is denied.
    >
    > Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and
    > that the file is not currently in use."
    >
    > None of the files or subfolders are being used. I have no idea what
    > Melancholytron is. Please advise me. TIA. Satoshi
    Reply to Anonymous

    Ignore this thread. By a chance, I solved the problem. It appears that the
    problem has to do with long file/folder names. When I changed the folder
    names into 5 letters, it deleted nicely. I did not know that long file
    names interfere with deletion even under windup Pro. Thanks. Satoshi

    > Hi
    >
    > Please see if the following helps:
    >
    > "How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP"
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups.
    >

    > "Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I tried to delete a folder which I no longer need.
    >> But I am getting following error:
    >>

    >> "Cannot delete Melancholytron presets: Access is denied.
    >>
    >> Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and
    >> that the file is not currently in use."
    >>
    >> None of the files or subfolders are being used. I have no idea what
    >> Melancholytron is. Please advise me. TIA. Satoshi

    Reply to Craig
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Microsoft Windows XP