Wireless Search on ebay? How? Can you?

I really don't know if this is possible but...

I currently have Verizon cell phone service.
I'd like to stick with Verzion but am willing to consider other
options to do the following...

I want to search auctions on ebay while I'm out at auctions and flea
markets etc.. To buy stuff to resell...

Can this be done with Verzion? How?
Which phone's are best to accomplish this?
Would a stand alone Palm be better?
Any ideas, insight or advice.. would be appreciated.

Thanks..

"Jules77" <jules77@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> I really don't know if this is possible but...
>
> I currently have Verizon cell phone service.
> I'd like to stick with Verzion but am willing to consider other
> options to do the following...
>
> I want to search auctions on ebay while I'm out at auctions and flea
> markets etc.. To buy stuff to resell...
>
> Can this be done with Verzion? How?
> Which phone's are best to accomplish this?
> Would a stand alone Palm be better?
> Any ideas, insight or advice.. would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks..

They actually make quite a few devices that are PDA's with built in cell
phones, and connect via the wireless networks for voice and/or data, and can
be activated on your current contract. The devices are way high priced if
you get them direct from Verizon though, there are many other places to get
em several hundred bucks cheaper and then just activate them on your current
verizon contract. Personally I got a Kyocera smartphone elsewhere for $250
with a whole slew of accessories (they sell it for $499 at verizon with no
accessories), and just activated it on my current contract.

"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@NOSPAMHotmail.com> wrote in message news:<2johiqF1414u5U1@uni-berlin.de>...

> They actually make quite a few devices that are PDA's with built in cell
> phones, and connect via the wireless networks for voice and/or data, and can
> be activated on your current contract. The devices are way high priced if
> you get them direct from Verizon though, there are many other places to get
> em several hundred bucks cheaper and then just activate them on your current
> verizon contract. Personally I got a Kyocera smartphone elsewhere for $250
> with a whole slew of accessories (they sell it for $499 at verizon with no
> accessories), and just activated it on my current contract.

Sounds great, where did you find the phone?
Ebay, online outlet?
Sounds like a plan to me..

> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@NOSPAMHotmail.com> wrote in message
>

> > They actually make quite a few devices that are PDA's with built in cell
> > phones, and connect via the wireless networks for voice and/or data, and
can
> > be activated on your current contract. The devices are way high priced
if
> > you get them direct from Verizon though, there are many other places to
get
> > em several hundred bucks cheaper and then just activate them on your
current
> > verizon contract. Personally I got a Kyocera smartphone elsewhere for
$250
> > with a whole slew of accessories (they sell it for $499 at verizon with
no
> > accessories), and just activated it on my current contract.
>
> Sounds great, where did you find the phone?
> Ebay, online outlet?
> Sounds like a plan to me..

Specifically the Kyocera Smartphone was on Ebay, they had about 60 of em for
sale, and I picked the one with the most accessories, that was pre-owned,
still in the box, but not used (at least that's what they claimed, actually
they claimed "lovingly pre-owned but not used or abused", whatever the heck
THAT means :) They did have some for sale at local retail stores too, but
I've been traveling for the last 4 years, staying in RV parks, don't have a
constant address for warranty claims, and for sure, no tolerance for buying
from local stores and paying sales tax (biting my tongue NOT to call it
something nasty, I'm one of those "give me shipping charges instead of tax,
or give me death" types)..

Actually found it by going to www.phonescoop.com, click on find phone, put
in parameters to search on, gives you a list of phones that meet your
criteria, then use a search engine (I use www.search.com) to find places
that sell the model the phone finder on phonescoop found for you, and then
did the www.ebay.com thing to see if it was cheaper than anywhere the search
engine found.

As for activation, while you can just call CS (*611), give them the ESN
(usually found on a white label inside the battery case), you can also do it
yourself online (go to www.verizonwireless.com log in, click on active
phone, put in the ESN of the new device, and in about 5 or 10 minutes it
will be activated on the network and work.

> constant address for warranty claims, and for sure, no tolerance for buying
> from local stores and paying sales tax (biting my tongue NOT to call it
> something nasty, I'm one of those "give me shipping charges instead of tax,
> or give me death" types)..

Hahaha...
I hear you.
I live in Delaware, we have no sales tax!!

> Actually found it by going to www.phonescoop.com, click on find phone, put
> in parameters to search on, gives you a list of phones that meet your
> criteria, then use a search engine (I use www.search.com) to find places

Thanks, great advice!
Now I just need to figure out what the really best phone is for what I
need to do. I'm a little afraid that upgrading a phone just for "one
application" that I don't even know what the app is going to look like
on the screen, I wonder if a PDA with a bigger screen would be
better..
But I guess.. I'll live and learn?

Thanks for the activation tips too..
I guess I can copy my phone book over by hand, I really don't have
that many entries..

Thanks again!