Diablo2 LAN fubar

System_User

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
Hi - I am trying to play Diablo 2 on a LAN (tcp/ip) between 2 PCs, one running XP pro and the other XP media centre. The games are all patched, same versions, have different serials - the computers can see eachother and ping one another - I have no problems playing LAN Age of Empires II (tcp/ip) between the same computers, but for some reason I cannot get Diablo 2 to work. I always get a "Cannot connect to Server" message. I have read all that I have been able to find on the web and it simply seems like it should work. I am just lost why it doesn't. I would be grateful for any advice or suggestions.

(More details - one computer is connected to the router wirelessly and the other is wired in. One computer has a Norton firewall and the other has MS onecare. ) Many blessings and thanks to the nice person who can help me figure this out.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
I know what I'm going to say is of the obvious and you may have already tried it. Try and get both via Ethernet, Add D2 to the firewall allowed list, (or just disable the firewalls completely.) If that doesn't work try reinstalling both games from the same cd's without applying any patches and see if that works. If THAT doesn't work...wait for Diablo 3 :D

System_User

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
"If THAT doesn't work...wait for Diablo 3" Thank you. This is good advice. I actually got it working last night somehow. It's not perfect, but it works.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007

After noting some serious tips I was trying to add a touch of humor...
But...if you want to be 100% serious, why not post your solution so that the next person that's lucky enough to have the same issue and find this thread might have a chance of fixing it. :hello:

G

I have the exact same problem im on a mac though (supposing hes on a pc)
does anyone have any advise that doesn't involve reinstalling the game or waiting for diablo 3