Closed

How to turn on the wireless switch on my computer?

a b F Wireless
March 18, 2005 12:05:02 AM

I'm trying to get wireless internet access for my computer but I'm told that
there is a wireless switch I have to turn on. Where is that?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 18, 2005 8:53:02 AM

If you have an HP Laptop there is a button in the middle of the keyboard that
says Wireless connection (something like that). When it lights up the
wireless connection is enabled. You will probably need to put in your Win OS
CD that came with it to install the drivers. Hope that helps.

"myhc79" wrote:

> I'm trying to get wireless internet access for my computer but I'm told that
> there is a wireless switch I have to turn on. Where is that?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 18, 2005 11:05:21 AM

myhc79 <myhc79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to get wireless internet access for my computer but I'm told that
>there is a wireless switch I have to turn on. Where is that?

You need a WLAN device for this computer. This device will turn on
WLAN support in Windows automatically when you install it.
Some laptops come with internal WLAN cards and have a button/switch to
turn this device on/off. If your computer is designed that way,
consult the manual for how to enable the WLAN device.

--
(tm)
a b F Wireless

myhc79 <myhc79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to get wireless internet access for my computer but I'm told that
>there is a wireless switch I have to turn on. Where is that?

If you have a Toshiba laptop look on the front edge of the computer
near the right side. There is a switch there and a yellow LED that
comes on when the wireless is active.

Note that having the wireless turned on will reduce your battery time
so if you are running on battery and not using the wireless networking
you should switch it off to preserve the battery.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm
June 1, 2012 12:02:55 PM

Quote:

I'm trying to get wireless internet access for my computer but I'm told that
there is a wireless switch I have to turn on. Where is that?

a b F Wireless
June 1, 2012 12:30:14 PM

Start a new thread please.
!