Closed

How to turn on the wireless switch on my computer?

I'm trying to get wireless internet access for my computer but I'm told that
there is a wireless switch I have to turn on. Where is that?
5 answers Last reply
More about turn wireless switch computer

    If you have an HP Laptop there is a button in the middle of the keyboard that
    says Wireless connection (something like that). When it lights up the
    wireless connection is enabled. You will probably need to put in your Win OS
    CD that came with it to install the drivers. Hope that helps.

    myhc79 <myhc79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I'm trying to get wireless internet access for my computer but I'm told that
    >there is a wireless switch I have to turn on. Where is that?

    You need a WLAN device for this computer. This device will turn on
    WLAN support in Windows automatically when you install it.
    Some laptops come with internal WLAN cards and have a button/switch to
    turn this device on/off. If your computer is designed that way,
    consult the manual for how to enable the WLAN device.

    --
    (tm)

    myhc79 <myhc79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I'm trying to get wireless internet access for my computer but I'm told that
    >there is a wireless switch I have to turn on. Where is that?

    If you have a Toshiba laptop look on the front edge of the computer
    near the right side. There is a switch there and a yellow LED that
    comes on when the wireless is active.

    Note that having the wireless turned on will reduce your battery time
    so if you are running on battery and not using the wireless networking
    you should switch it off to preserve the battery.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm
  4. Quote:

    I'm trying to get wireless internet access for my computer but I'm told that
    there is a wireless switch I have to turn on. Where is that?
  5. Start a new thread please.

Wireless Switch Computers Wireless Internet Windows XP