This is a minor question. When I sign on the number of new e-mails I have
received no longer shows on the envelope icon on the MSN home page. But,
when I open the e-mail, all the new e-mails are there and then, finally, the
number shows on the icon. Haven't changed anything, except to download from
MSN that virus removal tool software. MSN Support suggests deleting my
account and then re-establishing it. Seems kind of drastic. Any ideas?

Back up your hard drive first in case there is a problem reinstalling MSN.
I have run into that.

"Bobby Jones" <BobbyJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is a minor question. When I sign on the number of new e-mails I have
> received no longer shows on the envelope icon on the MSN home page. But,
> when I open the e-mail, all the new e-mails are there and then, finally,
> the
> number shows on the icon. Haven't changed anything, except to download
> from
> MSN that virus removal tool software. MSN Support suggests deleting my
> account and then re-establishing it. Seems kind of drastic. Any ideas?

Assuming you're not referring the the New Mail Notification in the WinXP
Welcome Screen
(http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q304/1/48.asp), your
plight would be more appropriately posted to this MSN-specific newsgroup:

microsoft.public.msn.discussion
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security