Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How do I make Windows XP login automatically?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 11:07:58 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

How do I make Windows XP login automatically?

There will be several accounts on the system in addition
to the user who gets logged on automatically and the administrator
account.

I know that it is possible to set things up so that one user
can be chosen to be logged on then system startup completes,
but I forgot how this was done.

Does anyone remember the technique?

Thanks.
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 4:23:41 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315231

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights

Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
newsgroups

"Mark Fineman" <mark.s.fineman@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:tfum31lcslq8j8v0nieg76dbilfcmkehm4@4ax.com...
> How do I make Windows XP login automatically?
>
> There will be several accounts on the system in addition
> to the user who gets logged on automatically and the administrator
> account.
>
> I know that it is possible to set things up so that one user
> can be chosen to be logged on then system startup completes,
> but I forgot how this was done.
>
> Does anyone remember the technique?
>
> Thanks.
March 19, 2005 4:23:42 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:o vCJsJCLFHA.1020@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315231
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights
>
> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
> newsgroups
>
> "Mark Fineman" <mark.s.fineman@verizon.net> wrote in message
> news:tfum31lcslq8j8v0nieg76dbilfcmkehm4@4ax.com...
>> How do I make Windows XP login automatically?
>>
>> There will be several accounts on the system in addition
>> to the user who gets logged on automatically and the administrator
>> account.
>>
>> I know that it is possible to set things up so that one user
>> can be chosen to be logged on then system startup completes,
>> but I forgot how this was done.
>>
>> Does anyone remember the technique?


You can also use the TweakUI tools from Windows XP PowerToys to setup
autologin if you don't having to edit the registry.

--
____________________________________________________________
Post your replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.
E-mail reply: Remove "NIXTHIS" and add "#VS811" to Subject.
____________________________________________________________
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 5:37:48 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Thank you
"Vanguard"
and "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]"

I don't remember if either of the suggested ways was what was
>> "Mark Fineman" <mark.s.fineman@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> news:tfum31lcslq8j8v0nieg76dbilfcmkehm4@4ax.com...
>>> How do I make Windows XP login automatically?
>>>
>>> There will be several accounts on the system in addition
>>> to the user who gets logged on automatically and the administrator
>>> account.
>>>
>>> I know that it is possible to set things up so that one user
>>> can be chosen to be logged on then system startup completes,
>>> but I forgot how this was done.
>>>
>>> Does anyone remember the technique?
>
"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" says
>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315231
>
"Vanguard" says"
>You can also use the TweakUI tools from Windows XP PowerToys to setup
>autologin if you don't having to edit the registry.
Thank you both.

I don't remember if either of the suggested ways was what was
the method that I used in the past, but I will try your suggestions.
!