How do I make Windows XP login automatically?

How do I make Windows XP login automatically?

There will be several accounts on the system in addition
to the user who gets logged on automatically and the administrator
account.

I know that it is possible to set things up so that one user
can be chosen to be logged on then system startup completes,
but I forgot how this was done.

Does anyone remember the technique?

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about make windows login automatically

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315231

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315231
    >
    > --
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mike
    > --
    > Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    > rights

    > newsgroups
    >
    > "Mark Fineman" <mark.s.fineman@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> How do I make Windows XP login automatically?
    >>
    >> There will be several accounts on the system in addition
    >> to the user who gets logged on automatically and the administrator
    >> account.
    >>
    >> I know that it is possible to set things up so that one user
    >> can be chosen to be logged on then system startup completes,
    >> but I forgot how this was done.
    >>
    >> Does anyone remember the technique?

    You can also use the TweakUI tools from Windows XP PowerToys to setup
    autologin if you don't having to edit the registry.

    Thank you
    "Vanguard"
    and "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]"

    I don't remember if either of the suggested ways was what was
    >> "Mark Fineman" <mark.s.fineman@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >>> How do I make Windows XP login automatically?
    >>>
    >>> There will be several accounts on the system in addition
    >>> to the user who gets logged on automatically and the administrator
    >>> account.
    >>>
    >>> I know that it is possible to set things up so that one user
    >>> can be chosen to be logged on then system startup completes,
    >>> but I forgot how this was done.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone remember the technique?

    "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" says
    >http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315231

    "Vanguard" says"
    >You can also use the TweakUI tools from Windows XP PowerToys to setup
    >autologin if you don't having to edit the registry.
    Thank you both.

    I don't remember if either of the suggested ways was what was
    the method that I used in the past, but I will try your suggestions.

Login Microsoft Windows XP