It's about time! My i7 system eats FSX and still has room for desert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
All of the graphic settings are at Ultra high. Ground and other traffic is almost maxed. While flying, only a few of the threads (out of 8) are "working it" and the activity on those threads is low. FSX looks magnificent. With 5.1 Z5500 speakers and the Auzen Forte, the sound is amazing!

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
Ummm, don't take this wrong, but I don't really get the point of this thread...Is it just to show off ur new rig or do you actually have something to say?!?

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006

Gellert,

What's the big deal? PC Gaming? FSX? Is FSX a PC Game? :pt1cable:

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Instead of jumping on my back, maybe Gallert should ask first instead of replying in a childish/bratty way.

It wasn't a boast. I saw a post on FSX concerning framerates, and I had a question a while ago concerning the i7 and 4890. I wondered if GTX285, SLI 285, 4890, or Crossfire 4890 would give the best framerates for FSX. Someone mentioned ( I forgot who it was) that FSX loves Quad's and its more of a processor game than graphics card. So I answered my own post and for anyone who wonders if FSX runs good on at least a i7. Hence, thats why I put it in PC games section. If I was boasting, i would of put it in "New Systems". Wouldn't you agree DJ?

djcoolmasterx

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007

If you saw a post on FSX concerning framerates then shouldn't you have put it in that thread rather then start a new one. Wouldn't you agree mikeny?

Its not like everyone who upgrades their computer needs to start a new thread saying they can run X on very high.

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006

"Wouldn't you agree mikeny?" Nope! It wouldn't bother me if someone else did it. I'll do it again when I get The Sims 3 or a game that has tough requirements like FSX.

I don't have the time to search for the actual thread; if it wasn't recent. I went though a few pages so again, a quick reference to FSX. I wouldn't care and I would do it again; I'm not going to loose sleep on it. I see multiple questions concerning the same topic elsewhere in the forums. For instance, someone was looking for a gaming LCD, and right below it there was a similar question. Since that person didn't put it in the same threat instead of being repetitive, no one seem to care (including me). What big deal for something so asinine, wouldn't you agree DJ?

djcoolmasterx

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
"Wouldn't you agree DJ?" Nope! It would bother me if someone else did it. I'll reply like this again when you get The Sims 3 or a game that has tough requirements like FSX.

You honestly think "It's about time! My i7 system eats FSX and still has room for desert!" doesn't sound like a boast? You had nothing to say. If we wanted to know what spec computers can run FSX on full then we would just find a benchmark, if you had posted some benchmarks and your specs that would have been something. Like I said, its a completly worthless thread. Great that you are enjoying your computer and want to shout it from to rooftops but there is really no need to tell everyone.

What big deal for something so asinine, wouldn't you agree mikeny?

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006

"asinine?" Yes
Petty? Yes
Wow, a harmless thread.

It's a forum, so I will post a quick thread for anyone who decides for themselves if they want to read and/or listen (concerning FSX). For anyone who is frustrated with FSX or a quick question about it. That simple. If no one reads it or posts any replies then it goes into forum oblivion. No big deal. I find it hilarious that you are making it into one though.

You're not seeing the smaller picture. If someone was looking into building a i7 system and wanted to know how FSX handles it; that's the point Im making. Some people don't want to be thrown numbers at them ect. To put it simply, I just made it short, sweet, and too the point. If someone wanted me to go further, like one, who said," post your specs, so everyone can see; I did. If you have a problem with it, too bad. Get over it and move on.

Theres nothing wrong with mikeny posting what he did, anyone struggling to get the best frame rates out of FSX deserves to boast a little if the opportunity arises, however there is something wrong with the childish behavior of bashing him for it.

This thread is closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS