I have the hourglass attached to the curser "ALL" the time<>WHY? I checked my
windows task manager><But How can I tell what it is that is running "All"
the time?

Thank You

If the hard drive is running most of the time, check to see if you have the
Indexing Service turned on. Open My Computer and right click on the hard
drive icon. Choose Properties and look at the bottom of the General tab.
You can uncheck 'Allow Indexing Service to index this disk for fast file
searching.'

"WinInTx" <WinInTx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the hourglass attached to the curser "ALL" the time<>WHY? I checked
>my
> windows task manager><But How can I tell what it is that is running "All"
> the time?
>
> Thank You

"WinInTx" <WinInTx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have the hourglass attached to the curser "ALL" the time<>WHY? I checked my
>windows task manager><But How can I tell what it is that is running "All"
>the time?
>
>Thank You

Open Windows Task Manager and go to the Processes tab. Click twice on
the CPU column heading. That will sort the Processes list by CPU
usage in descending order, so that the processes using the highest
amount of CPU time are at the top of the list.

The cuplrit should be included in the top five or six items on the
list.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Just thought you'd like to know.... it's a cursor, not a curser. A curser
would be someone like little Miss Terspicacia Prick.

"WinInTx" <WinInTx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the hourglass attached to the curser "ALL" the time<>WHY? I checked
>my
> windows task manager><But How can I tell what it is that is running "All"
> the time?
>
> Thank You

<g>