LeRoy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

went I install WinXP SP2 I can not connect to the internet. I don't have
this problem went I'm using WinXP SP1 can someone please help. Thank you
very much

Leroy,

If you are using AOL, there is a compatibility issue with AOL and SP2. To
download the patch, please sign on to your main AOL software and visit AOL
Keyword: WinXPSP2

If you are not on AOL, please try disabling Windows Firewall. This Windows
Firewall is installed when you install SP2.

So to disable the XP SP2 firewall, you need to open up the Windows Security
Center and take it from there.

Hope this helps.

--
Jabez Gan
Give me a chance, Let me help you!

"Leroy" <vze2g6kx@verizon.net> wrote in message
> went I install WinXP SP2 I can not connect to the internet. I don't have
> this problem went I'm using WinXP SP1 can someone please help. Thank you
> very much

Gordon

Jabez Gan wrote:

|| If you are not on AOL, please try disabling Windows Firewall. This
|| Windows Firewall is installed when you install SP2.

But ONLY if you have a third-party firewall. DO NOT, EVER, attempt to
connect to the Internet with NO firewall.

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Yes, and if disabling the firewall solved the problem, please download a 3rd
party firewall and have it installed (www.zonelabs.com for Zone Alarm
firewall)