Your question

Help with my A-bit KG7-RAID needed!!

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • NAS / RAID
  • Connection
Last response: in Motherboards
May 24, 2003 4:19:47 PM

Sometime ago i bought a A-bit KG7-RAID motherboard. One of the reasons why I bought this board was the possibility to connect 4 additional IDE devices (on the IDE3 and IDE4 slots). Now I REALLY need to connect some more harddrives, but I can't make it work. It doesn't detect the drives at all. Does anybody out there know if I need some extra drivers to make it work? Or am I perhaps doing something else wrong?
Thanks in advance!

More about : bit kg7 raid needed

May 24, 2003 4:23:52 PM

How did you connect them? Make sure you enable ATA-RAID in BIOS.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
May 24, 2003 5:29:01 PM

Is it where I choose my boot devices? I can choose to make them boot as ATA100RAID. Thats is the only place in the BIOS i can find that has something to do with RAID.
But the thing is that I dont't really want to use RAID. I just want to use the IDE3&4 channels the same way I use the IDE1&2 channels. If You know what I mean?
Related resources
May 24, 2003 8:37:26 PM

I also use Highpoint controller as regular ATA to boot IBM/Hitachi 180GXP 80G in my Abit KG7-RAID. You have to enable ATA-RAID IDE controller in BIOS (<b><font color=red>Integrated peripherals</b></font color=red> menu) so your computer can see HDs attach to Highpoint controller.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
May 24, 2003 9:44:43 PM

I am assuming you DO NOT have any legacy devices (CD-ROM, ZIP Dirve) hooked up to your RAID controller, as it don't work to well....

Have you entered the RAID bios setup by pressing CTRL+H at startup?

Do you have the manual for the motherboard still? There is some pretty usefull information in it.

What are we going to do tonight Brain?
The same thing we do every night Pinky; <b>Try to take over the world!</b>
May 24, 2003 10:34:20 PM

Well, where do i hook up my cd-rom if i can't use any of my IDE channels? Because when RAID is running, doesn't it use all of the IDE channels?

Yep, i've looked in the RAID bios, and it can only find my bootup harddrive.

I don't really think that the maunal adress my problem. It only explain how to install the drivers. I'm a little lost here =)
May 24, 2003 10:41:31 PM

I've checked the bios and the ATA-RAID controller is enabled. I have re-installed the HPT370 drivers in win2k. I've also changed the first, second and third boot device to ATA100RAID as the manual describes but when i do that, i get a blue stop screen, and i can't startup win2k.
May 25, 2003 2:41:53 AM

Quote:
Well, where do i hook up my cd-rom if i can't use any of my IDE channels?

Highpoint controller does not support ATAPI (CD-ROM, ZIP or LS-120), but the onboard VIA IDE (the blue connectors) does.
Quote:
i've looked in the RAID bios, and it can only find my bootup harddrive.

How many HDs you connect to Highpoint controller (the orange ones)? Make sure the jumpers on your harddrives are properly set (eg. if you set Master on your HD, it has to be connected to Master connector, and the same with Slave).

!