NVIDIA Soundstorm not installing w/ NFORCE2

darrenjjj

Distinguished
May 24, 2003
I have an MSI K7N2 NForce2 Mobo and i noticed that i couldnt find the Soundstorm program to control the sound options in the control panel like i should so i installed the reference drivers from NVidia and still no Soundstorm????WTF?????...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prof133

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2003
The said motherboard uses the standard MCP, not the Dolby Digital enabled MCP-T. Not qualified for soundstorm.

<b><font color=blue>I agree with that solution ... because it is a logical one.</font color=blue></b>

Incitatus

Distinguished
May 20, 2003
Question related to this:
Is MCP-T really worth it if you're not going to use a 5.1 speaker set. Will you really hear a difference in sound quality through your good old headset?

JimmyDean

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2003
The K7N2 has no Soundstorm APU, thus no soundstorm. It has the same codec as the ILSR (soundstorm enabled), the Realtek ALC650, so it would pretty much sound the same as a soundstorm board. You just wont get that sweet dolby 5.1

<b><font color=red>Remember kids, if you see a downed power line, suck on the end, candy comes out!</font color=red></b>

Prof133

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2003
Is MCP-T really worth it if you're not going to use a 5.1 speaker set.
I think it's always worth it because there is at least one nForce2 board that has the nVidia APU - boards with MCP-T feature the nVidia APU except Chaintech Zenith - that cost about as much as nforce2 boards without the nVidia APU. It's called Epox 8RDA+. So, no matter which speaker set, get a motherboard that features the nVidia APU. The most important thing is getting the nVidia APU.
Will you really hear a difference in sound quality through your good old headset?
Most of the nVidia APU/motherboard owners I know, say that the sound quality is equal to that of a high quality sound card. Take from that what you will.

<b><font color=blue>I agree with that solution ... because it is a logical one.</font color=blue></b>