best way to install the service pack2 update

sweetleaf

I have recently purchased my pc, the man who sold it to me had not installed
SP2 and had turned off all the updates. I have been asking questions and
reading up on it a bit, and have decided that I do want the updates and SP2.
I have been warned to do it properly, or I may have alot of problems.
I am wondering how I install this SP2 proplerly. I currently have all my
programs installed. I have McAfee's virus protection and just went and
bought the firewall as well. My second question after I install the service
pack 2 do I run my Xp firewall and McAfee fiewalls together or do I choose
one?
Thanks for the help
Monique
--
I have windows xp with a cable internet connection.
I have the xp firewall running, and have never done a microsoft update on my

The first thing you need to do is to make sure you do not
have a pirated version of Windows XP installed. It seems
a bit suspicious the seller would turn-off Automatic Updates.

Is Your Copy of Windows XP Genuine?
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/ww/windows/default.mspx

What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://www.microsoft.com/windo­wsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx

Service Pack 2 Checklist

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP