best way to install the service pack2 update

I have recently purchased my pc, the man who sold it to me had not installed
SP2 and had turned off all the updates. I have been asking questions and
reading up on it a bit, and have decided that I do want the updates and SP2.
I have been warned to do it properly, or I may have alot of problems.
I am wondering how I install this SP2 proplerly. I currently have all my
programs installed. I have McAfee's virus protection and just went and
bought the firewall as well. My second question after I install the service
pack 2 do I run my Xp firewall and McAfee fiewalls together or do I choose
one?
Thanks for the help
Monique
--
I have windows xp with a cable internet connection.
I have the xp firewall running, and have never done a microsoft update on my

    The first thing you need to do is to make sure you do not
    have a pirated version of Windows XP installed. It seems
    a bit suspicious the seller would turn-off Automatic Updates.

    Is Your Copy of Windows XP Genuine?
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/ww/windows/default.mspx

    What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2
    http://www.microsoft.com/windo­wsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx

    Service Pack 2 Checklist

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    "sweetleaf" wrote:

    | I have recently purchased my pc, the man who sold it to me had not installed
    | SP2 and had turned off all the updates. I have been asking questions and
    | reading up on it a bit, and have decided that I do want the updates and SP2.
    | I have been warned to do it properly, or I may have alot of problems.
    | I am wondering how I install this SP2 proplerly. I currently have all my
    | programs installed. I have McAfee's virus protection and just went and
    | bought the firewall as well. My second question after I install the service
    | pack 2 do I run my Xp firewall and McAfee fiewalls together or do I choose
    | one?
    | Thanks for the help
    | Monique
    | --
    | I have windows xp with a cable internet connection.
    | I have the xp firewall running, and have never done a microsoft update on my
    | new pc.
    | I have no networked computers.
    | I am using mcafee virus protection and firewall.
    | I use spybot search and destroy and Adware SE a lavasoft product.

Firewalls Windows XP