Lmhosts on XP SP2 [Faster Network Connection]??

The following is my understanding but am I correct?

LMHOSTS file includes TCP\IP Address and computer name.
Include every Computer on Local Network.

Example of two computers on single local network:
Lmhosts file:
192.168.0.1 garydeam
192.168.0.2 ursniehardt
[ Ip address & Computer Name ]

Lmhosts is standard in Linux.
Stops computers from aimless searching.
Never worked on Windows until SP2.!!

Incredible and amazing results.
Network folders come up instantly on SP2 with lmhosts.
Location of file:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\lmhosts

Make lmhosts with notepad as standard text;
Then rename it "lmhosts"
Has no dot\filename, just "lmhosts"

Linux Config explains:
Computers will hold a referendum to see whom is master!
Very time consuming!

Hence config can be set as:
"Preferred master=NO"
"Preferred master=Yes"
And a hell of a lot more!

Article ID : 314884
Last Review : August 6, 2002
Revision : 1.0

Do you have a question or issue you wish resolved? If not, quit your
advertising.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"