Linksys Wireless G Printserver Security

wj

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004

I just picked up a WRT54GS router and a USB 2.0 Wireless G print server. I
wanted to use WPA Shared Key security (with AES) for the encryption. But it
looks as if the printserver only supports WEP.

Is there a way to get WPA security on the print server? I'm exhausting all
my options before calling tech support.

Thx

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 13:22:49 -0700, WJ spoketh

>I just picked up a WRT54GS router and a USB 2.0 Wireless G print server. I
>wanted to use WPA Shared Key security (with AES) for the encryption. But it
>looks as if the printserver only supports WEP.
>
>Is there a way to get WPA security on the print server? I'm exhausting all
>my options before calling tech support.
>
>Thx

If you're running the latest firmware on the printserver, and there's no
WPA options on there, then you're SOL until they release a new version
of the firmware with support for WPA...

Lars M. Hansen
http://www.hansenonline.net