How to create Control Panel shortcut

I could not figure out how to create a short cut for Control Panel.
I would like to place on desk top. Satoshi
8 answers Last reply
More about create control panel shortcut

    Open Windows Explorer, scroll down to Control Panel,
    click once on it to highlight, then from the Windows Explorer
    Toolbar select: File > Control Panel > Create Shortcut.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Craig" wrote:

    | I could not figure out how to create a short cut for Control Panel.
    | I would like to place on desk top. Satoshi

    Right-Click a blank space on the Desktop and select New => Shortcut. Enter
    the following for the path:
    %windir%\system32\control.exe

    "Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I could not figure out how to create a short cut for Control Panel.
    > I would like to place on desk top. Satoshi

    And don't forget Winkey +C

    "John E. Carty" <jecarty@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Right-Click a blank space on the Desktop and select New => Shortcut. Enter
    > the following for the path:
    > %windir%\system32\control.exe
    >
    > "Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I could not figure out how to create a short cut for Control Panel.
    >> I would like to place on desk top. Satoshi

    Thanks. I made it. Satoshi

    "John E. Carty" <jecarty@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Right-Click a blank space on the Desktop and select New => Shortcut. Enter
    > the following for the path:
    > %windir%\system32\control.exe
    >
    > "Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I could not figure out how to create a short cut for Control Panel.
    >> I would like to place on desk top. Satoshi

    You're quite welcome :-)

    > Thanks. I made it. Satoshi
    >

    > "John E. Carty" <jecarty@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >> Right-Click a blank space on the Desktop and select New => Shortcut.
    >> Enter the following for the path:
    >> %windir%\system32\control.exe
    >>
    >> "Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>I could not figure out how to create a short cut for Control Panel.
    >>> I would like to place on desk top. Satoshi

    "Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks. I made it. Satoshi

    You may also find making a Control Panel Tool Bar very useful. Right click
    on your Task Bar and from the pop up menu select Tool Bars > New Tool Bar.
    Another window will then pop up, expand My Computer and scroll down and
    select Control Panel, click OK. A new tool bar will then appear on your
    task bar which you can then position as you wish. The two arrows >> when
    clicked on expand the tool bar allowing you to select any of the Control
    Panel options.

    Rob
  7. Craig said:

    I could not figure out how to create a short cut for Control Panel.
    I would like to place on desk top. Satoshi
  8. why did you do this?? ^^

Control Panel Microsoft Windows XP