How to create Control Panel shortcut

March 21, 2005 3:05:58 PM

I could not figure out how to create a short cut for Control Panel.
I would like to place on desk top. Satoshi

More about : create control panel shortcut

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 4:34:44 PM

Open Windows Explorer, scroll down to Control Panel,
click once on it to highlight, then from the Windows Explorer
Toolbar select: File > Control Panel > Create Shortcut.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Craig" wrote:

| I could not figure out how to create a short cut for Control Panel.
| I would like to place on desk top. Satoshi
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 10:36:57 PM

Right-Click a blank space on the Desktop and select New => Shortcut. Enter
the following for the path:
%windir%\system32\control.exe

"Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o p%23CEkkLFHA.2888@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I could not figure out how to create a short cut for Control Panel.
> I would like to place on desk top. Satoshi

March 21, 2005 10:36:58 PM

And don't forget Winkey +C

"John E. Carty" <jecarty@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Right-Click a blank space on the Desktop and select New => Shortcut. Enter
> the following for the path:
> %windir%\system32\control.exe
>
> "Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o p%23CEkkLFHA.2888@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>I could not figure out how to create a short cut for Control Panel.
>> I would like to place on desk top. Satoshi

March 21, 2005 10:36:58 PM

Thanks. I made it. Satoshi

"John E. Carty" <jecarty@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Right-Click a blank space on the Desktop and select New => Shortcut. Enter
> the following for the path:
> %windir%\system32\control.exe
>
> "Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o p%23CEkkLFHA.2888@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>I could not figure out how to create a short cut for Control Panel.
>> I would like to place on desk top. Satoshi

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 11:40:33 PM

You're quite welcome :-)

"Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o 5NZyPlLFHA.656@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Thanks. I made it. Satoshi
>

> "John E. Carty" <jecarty@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> Right-Click a blank space on the Desktop and select New => Shortcut.
>> Enter the following for the path:
>> %windir%\system32\control.exe
>>
>> "Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:o p%23CEkkLFHA.2888@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>>I could not figure out how to create a short cut for Control Panel.
>>> I would like to place on desk top. Satoshi

Anonymous
March 22, 2005 2:46:32 AM

"Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o 5NZyPlLFHA.656@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Thanks. I made it. Satoshi

You may also find making a Control Panel Tool Bar very useful. Right click
on your Task Bar and from the pop up menu select Tool Bars > New Tool Bar.
Another window will then pop up, expand My Computer and scroll down and
select Control Panel, click OK. A new tool bar will then appear on your
task bar which you can then position as you wish. The two arrows >> when
clicked on expand the tool bar allowing you to select any of the Control
Panel options.

Rob
Anonymous
February 1, 2010 5:50:37 AM

Craig said:

I could not figure out how to create a short cut for Control Panel.
I would like to place on desk top. Satoshi

February 1, 2010 9:06:17 AM

why did you do this?? ^^
!