Sign in with
Your question

Low FPS in world of warcraft

Last response: in Video Games
May 15, 2009 10:05:54 AM

I research online and asked my friends and they all say WOW does not require a high end computer to run. My com seems to be more than enough to run wow, but I only get 2 or 3 FPS in fights in 25man raid. I have been trying to upgrade my computer but nothing seems to work. I try setting all graphic settings to low and nothing seems to change. What is wrong with my com? What can I do to improve it?

My PC spec is:
Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz
Asus P5LD2 Motherboard
3 GB of ram
Radeon HD 2600 Pro

More about : low fps world warcraft

May 15, 2009 10:56:51 AM

Well, WoW does need some strong hardware to render those "complicated" scenes properly.

Unfortunately, based on your specs, I think you'll need to upgrade. Scoot over to the New Build section to ask for advice (make sure to read How to Ask For New Build Advice).
May 15, 2009 11:08:06 AM

I know my com is not good but i am sure it can perform better than 26 fps in Azeroth. I am sure there is something wrong with my PC.
Related resources
May 18, 2009 3:54:45 AM

Ask yourself first: was your computer able to render those 25-character scenes quickly before? Or are those poor framerates a recent occurence?
May 18, 2009 4:24:09 AM

not recent occurence.just that wow requires so little from the PC so i think my com could do a bit better...
May 18, 2009 4:47:55 AM

Your PC is junk and your gonna have to run low settings and low resolution.

Its time for a new rig.
May 18, 2009 3:03:44 PM

Your system is around what Wow is recommending. Check to make sure your graphic card driver is update and stop all the services that you don't need from the background. Also you didn't tell us what resolution you use?
May 19, 2009 2:40:47 AM

Well, I think OP was using the lowest resolution possible (if not, I'd recommend you try that). Like hefox says OP, have you updated your graphic card drivers? If you have, have you tried uninstalling the drivers, using Driver Cleaner, and reinstalling the drivers?
!