System Restore is not working

When I use System Restore, I always view Restoration Incomplete.

Even if I use Safe Mode, I view Restoration Incomplete.

Thank you for your help,

meadow
3 answers Last reply
More about system restore working

    On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 07:19:42 -0500, meadow wrote:

    > When I use System Restore, I always view Restoration Incomplete.
    >
    > Even if I use Safe Mode, I view Restoration Incomplete.
    >
    > Thank you for your help,
    >
    > meadow

    At what point do you get the message? I see it before System Restore runs
    because I limit what drives are monitored. In this case, the message is
    expected and restoration is completed on the monitored drives.

    If you are seeing this after the restoration process takes place and for
    any restore point tried, it's possible that the depository of restore
    points is corrupt. The existing restore points are of no use to you.

    Get rid of them by disabling system restore. Restart. Then enable system
    restore again. Settings for enabling/disabling System Restore can be found
    in the System Properties sheets.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Hi

    One or more of the System Restore files could have been corrupted - try
    turning SR off/on - but I'm afraid that you will lose any existing
    checkpoints:

    Right click My Computer, select Properties and then the System Restore tab.
    Enable 'Turn off System Restore on all drives' and reboot your PC. After
    that 1st reboot go back into SR and disable 'Turn off System Restore on all
    drives' and reboot your PC again. After that 2nd reboot you should have one
    new SR checkpoint.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "meadow" <meadow@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > When I use System Restore, I always view Restoration Incomplete.
    >
    > Even if I use Safe Mode, I view Restoration Incomplete.
    >
    > Thank you for your help,
    >
    > meadow

    Hi Meadow,

    Use the Event Viewer to search for any error produced by System
    Restore.

    Go to Start - Run and type eventvwr.msc and press enter.

    Click the Source tab to sort by name, look for "sr" and "srservice."

    Double-click each of these services, and evaluate the event
    description for any indication of the cause of the problem. Make note
    of the Description, EventID and Source of these Event Properties that
    show an Error or Warning.

    Let us know what you find.

    All About System Restore in WinXP
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/index.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    meadow wrote:
    > When I use System Restore, I always view Restoration
    > Incomplete.
    > Even if I use Safe Mode, I view Restoration Incomplete.
    >
    > Thank you for your help,
    >
    > meadow

Safe Mode Microsoft System Restore Windows XP