System Restore is not working

March 22, 2005 10:19:42 AM

When I use System Restore, I always view Restoration Incomplete.

Even if I use Safe Mode, I view Restoration Incomplete.

Thank you for your help,

meadow

More about : system restore working

Anonymous
March 22, 2005 10:19:43 AM

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 07:19:42 -0500, meadow wrote:

> When I use System Restore, I always view Restoration Incomplete.
>
> Even if I use Safe Mode, I view Restoration Incomplete.
>
> Thank you for your help,
>
> meadow

At what point do you get the message? I see it before System Restore runs
because I limit what drives are monitored. In this case, the message is
expected and restoration is completed on the monitored drives.

If you are seeing this after the restoration process takes place and for
any restore point tried, it's possible that the depository of restore
points is corrupt. The existing restore points are of no use to you.

Get rid of them by disabling system restore. Restart. Then enable system
restore again. Settings for enabling/disabling System Restore can be found
in the System Properties sheets.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Hi

One or more of the System Restore files could have been corrupted - try
turning SR off/on - but I'm afraid that you will lose any existing
checkpoints:

Right click My Computer, select Properties and then the System Restore tab.
Enable 'Turn off System Restore on all drives' and reboot your PC. After
that 1st reboot go back into SR and disable 'Turn off System Restore on all
drives' and reboot your PC again. After that 2nd reboot you should have one
new SR checkpoint.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"meadow" <meadow@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:o BngEltLFHA.2988@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

> When I use System Restore, I always view Restoration Incomplete.
>
> Even if I use Safe Mode, I view Restoration Incomplete.
>
> Thank you for your help,
>
> meadow
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 4:21:39 PM

Hi Meadow,

Use the Event Viewer to search for any error produced by System
Restore.

Go to Start - Run and type eventvwr.msc and press enter.

Click the Source tab to sort by name, look for "sr" and "srservice."

Double-click each of these services, and evaluate the event
description for any indication of the cause of the problem. Make note
of the Description, EventID and Source of these Event Properties that
show an Error or Warning.

Let us know what you find.

All About System Restore in WinXP
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/index.html